PDA

View Full Version : Golf SV Ordered!

CJJE
13-12-2014, 12:13 PM
While my Golf Plus was having its 3rd annual service & 1st MOT last week, I went for a test drive in the new Golf SV. As my annual mileage has dropped to less than 10,000 miles per year now, with concerns about how this affects the DPF on diesels I'd decided to look at the 1.4TSI car instead and see how it compared with my Golf Plus and a BMW 218i Active Tourer.

I'm pleased to say that I was so happy with the demonstrator SV SE 1.4TSI, that I negotiated a deal for a new car when I returned to the showroom! (I'd already decided that the BMW's lack of underseat drawers and smaller boot once you'd filled the lower space with a spare wheel were deal-breakers for me, but its lower price, better performance and economy helped me to reduce the cost of the Golf SV by 9%!)

I've retained all the options that I chose on my Golf Plus, and added some new ones that I haven't been able to add to my previous cars so the final configuration is:

Tornado Red Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG
Perth Alloys
Climatatronic
Discover Navigation
Front Fog lights
Bi-Xenon headlights
Lane Assist, Side Scan & Dynamic Light Assist
Mirror Pack
Coloured MF Display
Panoramic Sunroof
Park Assist
Rear view Camera
Winter Pack
5 Year Warranty

The dealer also threw in carpet mats and a 3 Year Service Plan. I'm not sure about the Lane Assist but it was bundled with the Dynamic Light Assist that I wanted. And the sunroof should be a lot better than the tiny one on my Golf Plus!

It's a factory order of course so delivery in March is being predicted. (But any delays makes the agreed P/X for my Golf Plus look better :)

Now it's just a few month's wait :)

CJJE
15-12-2014, 01:26 PM
Build week confirmed as week 04 of 2015 :)

Johnsbus
04-02-2015, 03:32 PM
First impressions?
I'd go for Perth too - easier to clean!
Can you compare TomTom live with the VW Discover navigation for traffic avoidance?

CJJE
04-02-2015, 03:39 PM
I haven't got the car yet, but got fed up with the dangling aerial and power wires on the TomTom so rarely used their Live Traffic facility. I picked the Perth wheels for that very reason, as well as looking different!

Chris