PDA

View Full Version : Crossing the pond to say hello

traubenberg
25-09-2007, 02:48 PM
I've been an active member of a Stateside VW forum for about 2.5 years now, but when I found out that Sam was a mod over here, I simply had to sign up.

The short version:

2005 VW Passat wagon, er ...estate
1.8t motor, Tiptronic trans, FWD

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j39/traubenberg/Passat%20images/IMG_0716_crop.jpg

That pic was taken 12/1/06, about two weeks after I got the Eibach Pro-System installed. Basically turned the wagon into a plow truck for a day or two.

bora(ing) nick
25-09-2007, 03:14 PM
Hello and welcome.

If it's the Sam i think you mean (mycarsavw) then he's a top bloke, and i know why you've joined.

Nick

Sam
25-09-2007, 04:49 PM
I've been an active member of a Stateside VW forum for about 2.5 years now, but when I found out that Sam was a mod over here, I simply had to sign up.

The short version:

2005 VW Passat wagon, er ...estate
1.8t motor, Tiptronic trans, FWD

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j39/traubenberg/Passat%20images/IMG_0716_crop.jpg

That pic was taken 12/1/06, about two weeks after I got the Eibach Pro-System installed. Basically turned the wagon into a plow truck for a day or two.

Welcome over Seth, thanks for taking the time to sign up.

That long story missed a few key points involving crashes and repairs though :p

Hello and welcome.

If it's the Sam i think you mean (mycarsavw) then he's a top bloke, and i know why you've joined.

Nick

:Blush2:

Too kind Nick, thanks for the kind words.

traubenberg
25-09-2007, 06:22 PM
That long story missed a few key points involving crashes and repairs though :p

Would you like to know why that's really very funny? I was in an arbitration hearing yesterday (Mon) morning ...because the other guy's insurance company still hasn't paid out!

For those of you not in on the joke (pretty much everyone other than our friendly Mod) ...

1) I purchased the car on 3/31/06.
2) I picked up the car on 4/1/06 - they kept it overnight to prep it and detail it.
3) Five weeks later, I was a few hundred meters from the parking lot at my office and some ...person (I'll refrain from name-calling) decided to turn directly into my path as I was getting through an intersection.
4) After 69 days and $14,000 of repairs, I had an entirely new front end, a couple of wheels and misc. bits.

I've driven the car almost daily since then and it handles exceptionally well. The hood's a bit off (alignment), but it's not a show car, so I deal with it.

That's the basic story. Fun, isn't it?

Eshrules
25-09-2007, 07:41 PM
welcome to the forum ;)

Sam is indeed a top bloke ;)

i LOVE LOVE LOVE sat wagons and yours is a very nice example ;)