PDA

View Full Version : Ibis white CR143 revo map and more booked in ;)

Mcgoono225
05-12-2014, 08:10 AM
Decided that the 143 a4 is lacking in power for me for such a heavy car, decided to take the plunge and get a remap at revo which I will report my results. Remap on 20th.

quick question is it worth fitting a panel filter prior to map? I normally have very powerful turbos (last car 507bhp) but a family forces a sensible option ha

in body shop first thing in morning for blacked out rear windows and gloss black roof wrap. Should set the motor off I think especially with so many of these cars about at the min. I'll post pics up on sat

Cheers, chris

Guest 2
05-12-2014, 08:25 AM
Hopefully the car isn't under warranty or you'll have fun come service time.

The Revo maps are good, have one on my A3. Can't fault it!

You're only going stage 1 so a new filter isn't necessary, maybe fit a new standard one of it hasn't been done in a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mcgoono225
05-12-2014, 10:51 AM
yes is under warranty but revo no longer need to open ecu to flash software. they do it via the obd port so less evidence its been tampered with. lucky garage I use are very friendly anyway

Guest 2
05-12-2014, 11:22 AM
They can tell via the port as checksums and figures change in the ecu. No remap is warranty safe!

theskyfox
05-12-2014, 12:45 PM
Just a query on this topic...previous poster mentioned that the ECU flash can be done via ODB-II now without opening the ECU. Is this true with the 3.0TDI now too? It always used to be the case that the bitstream had been encrypted, preventing you from writing to it, would be interested to know if thats changed.

-Andrew

Guest 2
05-12-2014, 01:56 PM
Revo at least can now map all cars through the port apart from the 1.6 Tdi

Mcgoono225
05-12-2014, 05:38 PM
They can tell via the port as checksums and figures change in the ecu. No remap is warranty safe!

true but when ya friend owns the garage lol
thats why I paid cash

Guest 2
05-12-2014, 05:44 PM
I don't think you're getting the point here. Doesn't matter who done the map, when the car goes in for a warranty job they'll find it and void the warranty. Has happened somebody on here who thought their map was "hidden".

bigslope
05-12-2014, 06:04 PM
true but when ya friend owns the garage lol
thats why I paid cash

Thats ok until you pop something Major in the engine/gearbox. Audi can tell a remap has been done once the car has been connected to the mainframe computer. This itself voids any warranty and believe me i suffered this first hand.
If your friend is happy to make a fraudulent claim against Audi if something goes wrong then thats up to him.

I'm not knocking you or him at all just being serious about people thinking a remap will not void warranty.

I got my 3.0 Tdi A4 revo remapped and had a warranty issue with Audi 4 months later.

Good luck and it will drive so different, you will love the difference.

Mcgoono225
05-12-2014, 07:00 PM
cheers mate. warranty is though his garage not audi tho.

bigslope
05-12-2014, 07:21 PM
cheers mate. warranty is though his garage not audi tho.

Your sweet then mate.

You will not look back once you get it done.

Keep us posted how big the smile is on your face !!

Mcgoono225
08-12-2014, 09:09 AM

There is the wrap and tint! I think it looks well. Roll on the remap and thanks for the replies/advice

Mcgoono225
13-12-2014, 04:36 PM
got the remap done this morning. it is like night and day. pulls strong right thru the rev range, very smoothe. cant recommend a revo map enough as I was not expecting such a difference.

audi should of let them out the factory like that.

Stuarta99
25-12-2014, 12:25 AM
Was speaking to my mate tonight who is an Audi senior tech. We were talking about remaps as he had an R8 in which was totally screwed after one and the ecus had to be sent back to Audi. He mentioned that they are ok but most get wiped on a service when the cars are hooked up. Not sure if anyone has come across this

bigslope
25-12-2014, 12:58 PM
I think Audi would have a major issue with a ECU that has been opened to map/ Most of the newer cars have to be done this way. They then have to be glued shut with a strong epoxy and i can't see Audi having that for a warranty replacement.

Mcgoono225
26-12-2014, 11:05 AM
revo no longer open the ecu they do it via OBD port. they have found a way to do it this way. I believe they are the only tuners able to do this at this time? as for wiping ECU I have heard of this happen. never to me. they should only read your ecu and reset values. decent mappers normally lock the map to ecu.
I have had high power cars mapped running over 500bhp and when i took it to a local tuner for mapping they had a carry on unlocking ecu. Regal autosport locked the ecu and map Evotune durham then tweeked the map after smaller exhaust housing was fitted to turbo to reduce lag.

chris