PDA

View Full Version : wheels

wheels2014
03-12-2014, 02:49 PM
Hi all, joined yesterday, own A1 1600 tdi sport, nothing too special. Like my car, apart from the reverse light failure on the n/s even though the bulb looks okay.

Guest 2
03-12-2014, 06:53 PM
Welcome to VWAF :)

You'll probably find its an early warning of a bulb failure, means its telling you to be prepared.

Maybe check the bottom of the bulb and bulb holder for any spots of corrosion.

wheels2014
03-12-2014, 09:01 PM
Evening Chris
Thanks for your reply, much appreciated. The n/s/r reverse bulb has been an on going issue approx 3 months. It went the first time about 2 months back & i replaced it with a new one & it worked straight away but it lasted only about 3 weeks before it went again, so i replaced it again but on this occasion it still didnt work. I still have the bulbs from before & both bulbs look ok, no loose filaments inside. I've had the bulb cluster out nearly a dozen times & cannot see any form of corrosion in the bulb holder or even in the multi plug, looks new visually. Strangely enough the reverse light started working again from this evening, only thing different was when we went shopping & the boot got slammed instead of the normal shut & i reckon it must have caused a better connection?