PDA

View Full Version : Golf mk3 2.0 GTI Intermittent window, central locking and sunroof problems!!!

JBiz GTI
25-09-2007, 09:20 AM
Hi,

I have recentlty spent loadsa dollar on me beloved mk3 GTI and now there are a few minor problems to fix that im hoping you wonderful people can shed a bit of light on.

Firstly the passenger window, it works but then stops, works and then stops. You basically have to keep pressing the button about 5 times to fully undo the window. It never goes straight up or down. Intermittant basically.

Also the central locking has stopped working. It works occationaly when it feels like. It will work one day and then not again all week. Is this the pump i need to look at or is there any methods or procedures i can use to finding the problem?

Last thing....

The sunroof. The sunroof motor never worked when i bought the car. I replaced it and the sunroof started working but then as it was unwinding it slowed up and the motor burned out again.

I replaced this and then the same thing happened but sooner.

i then got annoyed and tried closing it manually with the allum key but it feels really stiff. Any ideas or suggestions? are the runners buggerd and is it a big job?

Thankyou!

vw3gti
28-03-2008, 11:57 PM
I have the same problems. My passanger side window button is pushed and the window goes down for about 3 inches then stops, then i push it again and the same happens, and that goes on until i have completely opened or closed the window. The driver side works fine. Also my electric mirrors doesn't work at all. And also the same with my electric sunroof. I cant even hear the motor turning inside.