PDA

View Full Version : beta radio- fader to use rear speakers too. HELPPPPP

MARTIND
23-07-2006, 07:07 AM
HI EVERYONE.

i have just bought a 52 plate polo and have a beta stereo fitted.
only the front speakers are working and i cant find how to use the fader to get the rear speakers working to. i have the balance button but that only does left and right.:zx11:
if anyone knows how to use front and rear speakers i would be eternally gratefull.
thaks for your time everyone.

MarkMk3
20-09-2006, 09:03 PM
Hello,

I am sorry to say that the Beta radio model only has two outputs. Therefore you can only have two speakers. If you would like to get some rear speakers you will have to either upgrade to an afermarket stereo or get a VW Gamma radio (looks the same but has four channels).

Regards,

Mark.

MARTIND
20-09-2006, 09:15 PM
THANKS MARK.
SOLVED THE PROBLEM BY FITTING A SONY HEADUNIT :biglaugh:

ONE THING THAT DID DISSAPOINT ME IS THE FACT THAT THERE ARE NO REAR DOOR SPEAKERS AS STANDARD. BUT THATS THE ONLY GRIPE I HAVE SO ALL IN ALL, GREAT CAR AND VALUE TOO

kfaulkner
24-02-2009, 04:48 PM
Hi, I have the same problem on my MK4 Golf S but the output lead only has 2 outputs....The rear doors have speaker grills, but am I to assume I will have to fit rear speakers and wiring loom to new head?

Crasher
24-02-2009, 05:09 PM
We sold a Polo 6N2 to a chap recently and it came with a Beta. He wanted a CD and rear speakers so we found a used Gamma and six disc single DIN and put them both in the dash, as factory. Running the wires to the rear doors was easy but time consuming but doing the rear speakers nicely was a pain. Firstly we spent weeks tying to get the correct VW rear door speaker mounts (putting the speakers into the card is chavy and they resonate) and I fitted genuine bass and high speakers up. The rear in front of the door pulls. The door panels have the area for genuine speaker grills marked (I now have two nice Polo door dimple pattern workshop mug coasters) and the genuine grills push trough and are held on by meting over the plastic pins. I didn’t take any pictures as I didn’t think anyone would be interested.