PDA

View Full Version : Interior change out

kiwimedic
30-11-2014, 02:09 PM
Hello all
Audi Allroad A6 C6.
I am going to change out the ali strips in the doorcards, the one on the dash and the central forward control unit.
These are a bit tatty and have the dreaded fingernail marks on the finish.
I am going to purchase another set and have them "Carbon Fibre" finished.

Possible Problem!
These inserts are rumoured to be very hard to remove indeed, Door cards hard to remove etc.
Would the advice be to get:

Main dealer to change them out
Panel beater to change them out.

Any ideas?

Kiwimedic

Guest 2
30-11-2014, 02:15 PM
You can change them out yourself, if you do a forum search you'll find a few posts. You don't need to remove the door cards.

Centre console one is a bit more involved but if you send me your email address after doing a search I can send you the instructions.

kiwimedic
30-11-2014, 07:27 PM
I did look at some of the links on the forums and they were very helpful. There was this one guy from Germany in an English Audi A6 taxi on you tube and he took out the centre consul and removed the door trims. He also showed how to reset the electric hand brake alarm error. With that info I will be happy to go ahead once Chris confirms that the bits I want on E-Bay are in fact the correct ones.
Then it is off to the Hydrowrappers with the bits. Carbon fibre me thinks. The ali window bits that have gone all blotchy could be up for re chrome wrap also.
I see I should have a set of Torx and hooks for removing some of the parts as well as a set of trim levers.
You have to purchase ones like the Mercedes hooks as Audi will not sell theirs to the public

kiwimedic
01-12-2014, 10:27 AM
Good morning
Can anyone tell me an A6 C6 4F centre consul fit my 2007 Allroad? Two bits advertised. Their part numbers are? 4F2862533 - 4F2857951

Thanks
Kiwimedic

kiwimedic
30-01-2015, 10:21 AM
Hi All
I have completed the hydro coating (Carbon Fibre look) on my centre consul as well as the ali door trim and passengers side dash trim. This was done to hide the terrible fingernail scratches on the centre trim.
It turned out very well indeed and completely transformed the look and looks like an original interior.
If you have a poor looking or just want a change I would reccomend it.
Changing out the interior was relatively easy. The hand brake alarm did come up but was easily fixed.
I recommend you buy a few panel removal tools and move ahead cautiously. Most could do the job without too much difficulty.

Regards
Kiwimedic.

kiwimedic
16-02-2015, 08:45 PM
Hi Folks
I nearly forgot

A photo of the finished article

Regards
Kiwimedic