PDA

View Full Version : Hids 35w or 55w?

craig-v5-20v
30-11-2014, 12:24 AM
35w or 55w his ?
I'm going to retro fit hid projector lenses and hids to my Toledo as the lights are crap I'll be using this kit http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=261598102796&alt=web
But what would be the best hids 35w or 55w?

M1tchy
30-11-2014, 08:41 AM
make sure you fit headlight washers and an automatic self levelling system or they are illegal.

and please don't pick a chav blue colour.

Sprinter2012
30-11-2014, 12:44 PM
I would go for 35W personally, they are already 3 times brighter than halogen, and it means you can use the higher quality slim digital ballasts.

With regards to headlight washer and auto levelling, there is no requirement for these things to be fitted if you have HIDs. But only that if they are fitted, they must be fully functioning. Since not all cars that come with HIDs from factory even have both those things anyway!

It's a bit like foglights, there's no legal requirement to have front foglights, but if they are fitted they must work. Same applies to auto levelling and washers.

craig-v5-20v
30-11-2014, 01:22 PM
U don't need auto leveling or washers to be legal a not tester told me you just need the correct lenses (projector lenses) and to be set up correctly and it'll pass a mot my last car had retro fitted hids in projector lights with no auto leveling or washers and passed not and traffic police never said anything about them when I got stopped once . an no chav color lol 5000k bulbs ordered so pure white

Sprinter2012
30-11-2014, 01:39 PM
U don't need auto leveling or washers to be legal a not tester told me you just need the correct lenses (projector lenses) and to be set up correctly and it'll pass a mot my last car had retro fitted hids in projector lights with no auto leveling or washers and passed not and traffic police never said anything about them when I got stopped once . an no chav color lol 5000k bulbs ordered so pure white

Yer as long as you have projectors so the beam pattern is correct you'll be fine. And keeping the colour temp 5000K or lower won't draw any attention so nothing to worry about. :)

craig-v5-20v
30-11-2014, 03:26 PM
I didn't want to blue tint my side lights are pure white smd LEDs so want pure white his so deffo 5k bulbs. The higher k rating the less light output anyway so don't get why people go for 8000k plus bulbs lol