PDA

View Full Version : Tips on Passat Estate 2007 TDI 2.0 Sport

macker6464
24-09-2007, 11:35 PM
Collecting a Passat Estate 2.0 TDI Sport 140PSI, Manual with 12 k on the clock next week.

Rather excited and as it has Cruise Control I get that add-on I thought I was going to miss out on.

Are there any questions I need to ask the dealer when I collect the car?

I have read on this forum about extended servicing - how would I know the servicing regime? How soon will I need a service?

Also when I get it home is there anything I should check out, enjoy or play with?

What oil does it take? I have read here that it may use a fair bit and I would rather get some at a reasonable price before becoming desperate and paying £20 / litre.

Does it have an alarm and how does this work? Can I set it off to test it?

Will it play an MP3 CD in the stereo (standard one I think)?
I won't ask about the handbrake!
Questions questions......any tips are much appreciated.

Cheers
Macker6464:beerchug:

Slimbarry
25-09-2007, 06:17 AM
Hi!

If you do a quick search on each of your questions you should find most of the questions.

I would suggest you make sure you do an inspection with the dealer when you pick the car up, especially bodywork. I think there is somewhere in the manual that lists the points to inspect.

macker6464
25-09-2007, 08:30 AM
Cheers for that Slimbarry, I will do a check of the bodywork just as you suggest.

I went through a lot of the B6 forum last night after I wrote my posting and see what you mean about there being a lot of info on some of my questions.

It seems the forum was split into individual models quite recently so I didn't go too far back. I guess I can go through a more generic section for older info.

Great forum guys

Cheers again, Macker6464

Quatrelle
25-09-2007, 11:18 AM
Can't remember where these links are on the forum, and you might have found them already, but here they are again, in case you missed them:

Tap your VIN into here - http://www.oilshop.ro/catalog/vagvin.php and it will tell you all about your car.

You can also get information about it on here - http://igorweb.org/equidec/Default.aspx

Good luck with the car!

Greggo
16-07-2011, 05:32 AM
p

mikecb1
16-07-2011, 11:44 AM
If you haven't picked this up already, make sure you get both keys when you pick your car up. Replacements are very expensive, and need to be individually coded to match the car. Also try to get the tag with the immobiliser code, which I believe you will need if you ever need to re-code a key.

Mike