PDA

View Full Version : Question Engine Management Light - EGR Delete with exisiting remap?

Graham_Smith
27-11-2014, 09:35 AM
Hi Guys,

Long time since I was here and that was just after I purchased the 2.0TFSI S-Line (New) in 2007 and you all gave great advice about fitting RNSE (with a kind chap in Southampton doing it for me a coding the car).

The car is now on 63000 miles, FSH, and very well looked after. It also had a Revo Remap (Revo Select) when just 5k on the clock and has been faultless since. The value is now such that it seems sensible to keep it for the missus when I get the new one.

The problem I have now is with the engine management light. Audi have had the car in a few times and messed about with the light going out for 1500 miles or so and then back on. We are now looking at replacing the EGR valve.

However, I have seen some threads / posts on this and other forums about blanking off the EGR and am thinking about this. My question is will I need to revisit the Revo dealer for another remap, or is this something that I can deal with with coding (Will be posting another thread shortly on where to get the hardware & Software from.....May as well if we are going to be running at least two Audis in the house).

Is an "EGR Delete" a good idea? Any benefits? What about emissions at MOT if the car has been mapped?

Any thoughts or suggestions very gratefully received!

Thanks Guys,