PDA

View Full Version : Asking price?

Parmo
15-11-2014, 12:51 PM
Hello there I'm currently looking at buying a Quattro black edition 225 stronic petrol, it's up at my local dealers for nearly 28k

the question is its a ex demo do you think I should put a cheeky bid in and if so what?

or do you think they won't budge and stick to the asking price

thanks

p.s be putting in 24k cash into it so left to borrow very little, don't want any pcp deals

M1tchy
15-11-2014, 06:37 PM
I'd offer the 24k in cash - literally! If they don't take it, walk out. (You can always go back if they don't grab you and stop you!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

richlean
15-11-2014, 08:04 PM
Yes, let them take all your details, make the offer and leave if they're not interested. From my experience, you may get a phone call in the middle of the following morning.

zollaf
15-11-2014, 08:08 PM
have the cash in a briefcase, open it on the bonnet, see what they say.

Parmo
16-11-2014, 02:46 PM
They wouldn't take the cash anyway due to money laundering regs tell me to take it back to the bank and pay by card

maurajames
02-12-2014, 08:06 AM
Hi
Talking of asking price. Audi have messed me around with my car. They say they will exchange it like for like. But seemly they are struggling to find one with all the bits mine has. So they have mentioned if they go better I could buy it at cost. Bear in mind they won't tell me the truth has anyone got a clue how much they make in 2 nd hand cars. So I have an idea what cost would be.
Thanks