PDA

View Full Version : Jetta 2.0 Tdi SE 13K '06 Judder at idle

phildulson
24-09-2007, 05:29 PM
Hi folks

Wonder if anyone can help or advise.

Have had the car for 3 months now, and since having it there has been an intermittent judder - only when idling. It seems worse when cold but does it now and again when warm.

The car has been back to VW, and according to s*ds law it ran fine for them. Showed no error codes or stored error codes.

Just today it seems to be worse. With a clattering noise coming from the engine and the revs dropping down to 7500rpm at idle. Once the engine warmed up it seemed fine, apart from the odd judder when at idle.

I'll probably book it back in, but it'll no doubt run like a dream for the guys at VW.

Anyone else experienced this? Any clues?

Many thanks,

Phil.

samanthamollica
20-04-2008, 02:26 AM
My 2006 TDI is in the shop now , same thing happened to me, it was a defect in the Dual Mass Flywheel, was coming apart, not covered under my waranty and cost 1400 dollars. If anyone can help me that would be great.
Thanks
Sam

colb666
20-04-2008, 06:10 AM
Sam it sounds as though your dealer is takin the ****,I had the DMF replaced on a few VW cars under warranty due to defective manufacture including 2005 Passat tdi(16k),2004 Bora(jetta)(20k) and also a 2003 Passat 4 motion...The latter had 54k on the clock when the flywheel broke up destroying the complete clutch as well in the process. They replaced all the components without any quible at all mate.

Phil,easiest way for me to describe how my cars felt when the DMF was on its way out mate is, when cold at idle it vibrated and had a mechanical noise which sounded very similar to a clutch thrust bearing which was in need of replacement,dip the clutch and it went away as well which kinda confused me with the first car that I came across the issue with.