PDA

View Full Version : What is Fox model listed as on Vagcat.com?

defever
14-11-2014, 05:35 PM
Hello fellow VAG car drivers,

Having a quick visit from a neighbouring forum to help a good friend of mine with WV Fox (06 reg).

She’s missing few cosmetic parts on her Fox so I said I’ll help her find the part numbers, but I’m struggling to find Fox on Vagcat.com catalogue.

I found out as far as this: Fox was manufactured in Latin America and was also known as Lupo in Mexico. So I thought I’d look at Lupo catalogue, but it doesn’t seem quite right. Or is it really compatible with Lupo parts?

Any guidance in finding the right parts catalogue for Fox is gratefully appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance.

Sam
17-11-2014, 11:14 AM
Vagcat only lists vehicles up to ~2005 and even then the info on the new(er) models is sketchy at best.

It might be easier to list what it was you were hoping to get and see if anyone can assist.

Doctle Odd
17-11-2014, 11:35 AM
You'll probably be able to pick up what you need from a breaker

defever
19-11-2014, 10:45 AM
Thanks very much both.

No wonder I couldn't find it on Vagcat. I like that site, I use it all the time with my B5 A4 and it's very useful. I didn't realise they are sketchy for recent models.

She needs few things, such as:

Front VW emblem on the bonnet (bloody chavs took it...)
Off side wing mirror (and probably with the back plate to attach to the wing)
Off side wing plastic cover (I don't have the trim code with me but it's bark blue)
Maybe a spray can or touch up paint...

We haven't got a scrappy in our proximity, unfortunately. Otherwise I'd be all over the yard like a hungry mouse.

The search continues...

Doctle Odd
19-11-2014, 09:34 PM
vw-audi-spares---2 (http://www.vas-ni.com/)

Traynors Motor Store (http://www.traynors.co.uk/)

I have personally used both these companies, both are very helpful and deliiver to your door

defever
21-11-2014, 04:56 PM
Somehow I can't seem to source the front grill VW emblem on eBay! Are parts for Fox hard to come by?

Thank you Doctle, I'll give them a ring soon!