PDA

View Full Version : Replacing a Faulty ABS Speed Sensor

Grasmer
13-11-2014, 09:39 AM
Hi Forum,

I've got an ABS fault light showing on dash, when i hooked up the VAGCOM device i have it said i have a fault in rear left ABS Speed Sensor. I'm curious, rear left would be rear passengers side (o/s) ?
Also just wondering, cause there are like 4 that are available, all match the same OEM part number, and according to retailer are all the same sensor. My question, whats the difference then? retailer couldnt answer but i am hoping someone here might be able to?

http://www.micksgarage.com/search.aspx?fffFront%20or%20Rear=Rear&fffDepartment=ABS%2BSensors&fffMake=volkswagen&fffBasemodel=volkswagen%20golf&fffModelDescription=golf%20mk%20iv%201997%20to%202 005&ffftd_car=1.9%20tdi&fffBHP=130

And yet another question, seems i also need rear brakepads, thought it would be a case of just 1 available but again faced with multiple choice...

http://www.micksgarage.com/search.aspx?fffDepartment=Brake%20Pads&fffMake=volkswagen&fffBasemodel=volkswagen%20golf&fffModelDescription=golf%20mk%20iv%201997%20to%202 005&ffftd_car=1.9%20tdi&fffBHP=130

Would prefer to replace the pads and sensors myself to save on labour as this car also needs hrmmm other work done, Anti-roll linkages/Intercooler leak/new turbo or atleast recon'd turbo/tyre/bonnet catch (cause it keeps popping up while i drive)/some electrical gremlin needs finding too.

Oh and one final thing, I've seen a fair few MK4's like mine driving about with Xenon lights, does anyone know can the Xenon kits be fitted to the standard H7 OEM lamps without too much fuss or would i have to fully replace the lamp with a new one?

Any help/suggestions/comments (apart from give up and buy a newer car) are appreciated :)

Mick84
28-12-2015, 10:43 AM
hi did this problem ever get solved? i am having the same problem, i ordered a part that was suppoesed to fit my car and the retailer off ebay refuses to take it back even though i entered the car details on ebay to make sure it matched.

I have a 4 pin connection not 2x 2pin connections and mine requires a bolt.......

cheers mick

Grasmer
28-12-2015, 11:06 AM
Hey Mick,

Yeah i got it solved, i gave it into my garage and he replaced ordered and replaced the part for me.. eBay is possibly one of the worst places you can buy replacement parts.. its ok for 2nd hand parts from scrappies but as for new parts wouldnt go near it. Bought a cig lighter for mine from there, ended up with 2, neither of them fits in the hole and also the connectors are completely different, not even a quick re-wiring of it was possible.