PDA

View Full Version : Hello.

nickls13
09-11-2014, 06:41 PM
Just a quick note to say hi and give a rough outline of myself.
I have 2 Audi cars at the moment, a 2005 A4 Avant 2.0tfsi and a mk1 TT 225Quattro. I am fairly good with spanners but admittedly have much more knowledge of the TT, due pretty much rebuilding it.
Not had the A4 very long, but it's using a lot of oil and water at the moment so I hope to gain some help from others elsewhere on this forum.
Please don't think I'm here only for the taking though I hope to be able to help others if I ever can.

Cheers for now

Nick.

Doctle Odd
09-11-2014, 10:17 PM
Losing coolant needs to be fixed I assume you don't top up with water? Is she steaming from the exhaust? Any pressure in the header tank
Welcome to VWAF!!

nickls13
10-11-2014, 05:36 PM
Hi Doctile Odd and thanks for the reply. I top with de-ionised water with the g12 premixed. As for the exhaust steaming, not anymore than I would expect. Nor do the fumes smell odd. Rechecking the levels today and the oil is higher! so maybe forget the oil for now. With the engine running no sign of leaks under the bonnet. header tank pressure I will check tonight when Iget to work.
Thanks again for the reply.
on another note ,why is there so much lag typing on this forum?

Doctle Odd
10-11-2014, 06:53 PM
The lag is probably due to the old lags on the site! If your losing coolant and gaining oil I'd take a look at the oil cooler.