PDA

View Full Version : Can you stop the electric handbrake being overridden by pedals.

fairy100
06-11-2014, 07:08 PM
I may be nuts but I do not like the feature whereby you can override the electric handbrake by reaching the biting pint on the clutch/accelerator. Is there anyway to turn this off so that you have to manually turn off the handbrake to pull away? Thanks very much.

M1tchy
06-11-2014, 07:41 PM
Don't think so. As soon as the car tries to drive off the handbrake releases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fairy100
06-11-2014, 08:10 PM
Don't think so. As soon as the car tries to drive off the handbrake releases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The issue I have is as soon as I hit the bite point - the handbrake disengages and then if I am not really over pushing the accelerator I have on occasions rolled backwards when on hill. I would rather turn the brake off manually when I am confident that the car is going to move forward.

M1tchy
06-11-2014, 09:37 PM
I know what you mean but never heard of anyone trying to do this before, so it might be possible but wouldn't have a clue how to do it.

fairy100
06-11-2014, 11:28 PM
will ask Audi tomorrow if this can be done.

Flash2
07-11-2014, 01:24 PM
Don't know if this is any help, but I think the handbrake over ride (dynamic drive off feature) is part of the auto hold function of the electronic park brake.
So if you were to recode the EPB control unit to disable auto hold, it would probably also disable the dynamic drive off as well...just a thought.

Jim.