PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered an a3 sportback 1.4tfsi cod 150 se - thoughts?

Scotsmen
06-11-2014, 07:08 PM
Company car up for renewal was going to go diesel as always but went petrol as lower tax and fuel not really an issue given low mileage I do plus the increased power 😀

anybody got got one or thoughts?

kmrrom
15-11-2014, 11:27 PM
Picked one up about 2.5 weeks ago. Went for the sport though with dsg box. Engine is superb. Pulls like small diesel from low revs with plenty torque but does not run out of puff like a diesel and of course it is much quieter. Ride is great on sport suspension through critics said it was hard. Impossible to tell when in 2 cyl mode though it does show you on did when you show fuel consumption. Though when in economy mode it is more noticeable though think this is more the dsg as it changes gear to keep revs higher to enable two cyl mode. Getting around 42 mpg at present but car has only done 500 miles.

nujeeville
03-12-2014, 01:12 PM
I just ordered a sedan 1.4- drove the 1.8 and didn't find any specific advantage over the smaller engine. Lovely little thing that tfsi and cod technology.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ThaRez
01-02-2015, 08:55 PM
Test drove both the 2.0 TDI (150hp) and the 1.4t (150hp) and preferred the 1.4t though I normally like diesel. The 1.4 has quite some torque on low revs and really comes to life when you rev it up, whereas the TDI had amazing torque at low revs but then kinda fell flat... So the TDI might suit someone driving with a very narrow rev span whereas the 1.4 is a clear winner in my opinion when you use the whole range.

Whippy53
01-02-2015, 10:11 PM
The tdi is a different style, just ride the torque wave. I think the saloon looks the nicest but is not as practical.