PDA

View Full Version : New Xenon bulbs fitted

bigslope
06-11-2014, 05:14 PM
As my nearside xenon bulb blue i upgraded to 6000k ones.
What amazed me was how easy it was to change them.
Audi were looking £180 per side fitted.
I got 2 bulbs for £40 and had them fitted in about 40 minutes.

Defy worth a go yourself if one pops.

TamboB8
07-11-2014, 11:29 AM
Ive been down the xenon bulb alternative route already and it didn't end well.

OEM DS3 XenEcoStart 4300k bulb went so didn't want to fork out 80 quid for a new one and opted for 2 6000K from an eBay seller for around 40 quid.

Lasted just over a month and they both failed. Turns out they were Chinese fakes with very believable branding.

Contacted Phillips and Osram and they confirmed they don't make a 6000k D3S bulb and that all 6000k or above being sold were fakes.

Had a nightmare trying to get my money back and ended up going OEM to save having to remove both headlights another 4 times lol.

Just a wee heads up!

Autobulbs
07-11-2014, 12:06 PM
Got to take caution now days, it may be cheaper but rarely is it good quality.

theskyfox
07-11-2014, 12:28 PM
Keeping it relevant to the thread...if I want to replace my (Xenon) dipped bulbs (Or anyone with a 2011 B8), which ones do I need? I looked on the autobulbs sites and various others and I'm a bit conscious that all the search options seem to assume normal "non-xenon" bulbs. I used to replace my bulbs myself on my old car, is it fairly straightforward on the B8?

-Andrew

TamboB8
07-11-2014, 01:03 PM
Keeping it relevant to the thread...if I want to replace my (Xenon) dipped bulbs (Or anyone with a 2011 B8), which ones do I need? I looked on the autobulbs sites and various others and I'm a bit conscious that all the search options seem to assume normal "non-xenon" bulbs. I used to replace my bulbs myself on my old car, is it fairly straightforward on the B8?

-Andrew

Andrew, assuming you have an Sline, with the standard bi xenon headlights, all you have is one bulb (LED's aside).

You want Phillips D3S bulbs. Stick to 4300K temperature and they should be around £60-90 a bulb.

Handbook instructions are pretty much bang on when it comes to changing, undo the headlight and slide it forward. Just as easy to remove the whole unit.