PDA

View Full Version : Help please - Stalling when pulling away - TDi

TimS996
24-09-2007, 09:19 AM
Hi
I have a newshape 2006 Passat estate 140TDi.

When pulling away it seems to hesitate, to almost have a flat spot as such, unless given more revs. On quite a few occasions I've stalled it pulling out from lights/junctions etc.

I think there's something wrong but the dealer has checked it and assured me it's fine.

It's my first diesel, but I've driven many others as hire cars and this is the first that seems to have this initial hesitation. It's almost likes the idle RPM is too low, which is why I need to give it more throttle.

Has anyone else come across this - is it just my car? Or is there a cure for it?

Any help is appreciated as I don't want to end up stalled across a junction!:(

Romark2001
24-09-2007, 11:31 AM
Ah yes, I remember a few slightly scary moments when I first got mine. I went from a petrol Celica to the 2.0 TDI and stalled it many times! I just got used to giving it some more revs than I was used to to get round the problem but it still happens to me once every two months or so. Read somewhere on a review that this is a common issue so I feel slightly better about my earlier escapades. Nothing like watching a lorry bearing down on you whilst blocking both lanes of the road to get the blood running!

Quatrelle
24-09-2007, 12:55 PM
Have a look at this, an earlier thread: http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum//showthread.php?t=11005

Romark2001
24-09-2007, 01:00 PM
Thanks for that Quatrelle! Very interesting thread! I will bring it up when mine gets serviced in a few weeks.