PDA

View Full Version : Air bag warning light

pesky
23-09-2007, 06:58 PM
2000 passat 1.9 tdi sport auto estate
.My air bag warning light has just come on today,I am lost as to why ,
I did have a new screen fitted 3 days ago could this be problem ,,,,,,,,,,,,,IE water leak somewhere :1zhelp:FED UP .

Dozz
23-09-2007, 11:35 PM
Ya going to have to find somebody with vag com and get it plugged in. It will tell you where the fault is and then you can fix it. Even if you do find the fault and fix it you will still need vag com or similar to reset the warning light.

pesky
24-09-2007, 05:44 PM
Car booked in for Friday at garage ex-vw mechanics he thinks it wont be to serious and has all the equipment to show faults.I will let you know Friday . Thanks for the reply.

pesky
25-09-2007, 05:39 PM
New update speaking to mechanic that will do the job he thinks it probably is the Clock spring on steering wheel £50 for part 1.5hr labour so may not be too bad then.

Dozz
25-09-2007, 06:59 PM
Sounds about right it's the only moving part in the whole system. Not a bad job I had to look at the one on my Audi

pesky
28-09-2007, 07:26 PM
Update,,,,, got my car back today from garage he said there was an intermittent fault showing on slip ring but re-set airbags to see does it happen again if so he will fit new part. I was even more chuffed when he said no charge what a good guy & full of other usefull advice :biglaugh:

short shift
28-09-2007, 07:58 PM
Ive got a passat tdi sport
I got a warning light come on saying "BRAKE FAULT". I took it to Volkswagen garage and they said i needed new discs front and rear plus new brake pads. I only had the front discs replaced 33,000miles ago with some pads, shouldnt they last longer than that???

Also ive noticed some of my bolt caps are missing from my alloys, has a volkswagen garage stole anyone elses??:mad::zx11:

pesky
29-09-2007, 05:14 PM
Ive got a passat tdi sport
I got a warning light come on saying "BRAKE FAULT". I took it to Volkswagen garage and they said i needed new discs front and rear plus new brake pads. I only had the front discs replaced 33,000miles ago with some pads, shouldnt they last longer than that???

Also ive noticed some of my bolt caps are missing from my alloys, has a volkswagen garage stole anyone elses??:mad::zx11:
sorry i cant realy help you on disc&pad issue as i have had my 2000 passat only ayear and done 10,000 miles total now 80,000 but records show it had full set & fluid change at 60,000 loads of life left yet.If I get 20,000 more i will be happy here on the Isle of man always on off brakes no motorways here.
Oh and no speed limit.....
As for warning light I presume they plugged it in,How much for hole job to be done

brayster99
02-12-2007, 11:44 AM
who is this mechanic and where is his shop?