PDA

View Full Version : repair

jackg
23-09-2007, 06:19 PM
Car is a P reg 1.9TDI saloon GL, one of the last mark 4s, pretty good condition, 107k. I went into the back of a Ford Ka two weeks ago at a about 10MPH in a traffic queue. The damage to hers was a dented cowling below the bumper the damage to mine was more significant. Bent bonnet, bent headlight surround, damaged headlight bracket, dented inner front fabrication, behind the grille and marks on the bumper. The insurance engineer has yet to visit although I took it to Direct Lines recommended garage. The person I went into is making a claim on my comprehensive insurance, whether I do depends on what the engineer says.
I have had a quote from a local VW breakers of £200 to supply and fit the parts and £3-400 to respray the front.
The garage said i might be a right off but only the engineer can say.

The colour is Dragon Green metallic, I'm wondering if I phoned round to find the replacements in the right colour I would save myself the respraying costs?

The excess on my insurance is £225 so there is a tempation to claim on my insurance. My no claims will decrease by 20% (£60) as aresult anyway.

Any thought or considerations would be welcome