PDA

View Full Version : Oil Pressure Light on very faintly on my 1997 1.9td T4 Multivan.

Stumped Van Man
23-09-2007, 04:36 PM
Hi There,I Hope somebody can help me here. I am a little stumped as to what is causing this fault on
My 1997, P Reg, VW Transporter, 1.9TD Multivan (T4).

When i start the Van (From Cold), The Oil Pressure Light stays on, but very Faint. When i bought the van from the company that owned it, They said that the oil light & Buzzer had come on when it was being used by them, so they stopped using the van once this happened. I have to say also, the engine is sweet as a nut, it has no back pressure or any oil leaks etc.. When i got the van, i changed the oil filter (Genuine VW One put on, Not genuine VW One that came off) & Changed the oil, However The oil Pressure light is still very faintly
on. Apart From this, it is a Superb Van/People Carrier, i really do like it.

Does this mean its Possibly the oil Pump? Or just a Bad Sensor/Connection Somewhere?
I Hope Somebody can help me here.
Many Thanks.
Stumped Van Man.:o

adamss24
23-09-2007, 09:21 PM
Sounds like the oil pump pick up is clogged, dont run it anymore without getting it sorted asap !

Stumped Van Man
23-09-2007, 09:48 PM
Hi Again, Thanks for the quick reply. If that is what it is, does that mean a new oil pump? or is it possible to un-block the pick up? Also, is it a hard or easy job do do?
Many Thanks.

adamss24
23-09-2007, 10:17 PM
Bassically, you take the sump off and clean/leave in carb cleaner the oil pump pick-up overnight and make shure the mesh its clean....refit and pray the pump its ok and no dammage been done to the top end !