PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ordered the new 2015 Passat ? And anyone know when new CC is out?

jazzert100
22-10-2014, 08:43 PM
Having rudely abandoned VW after 3 Sharans and 3 Passats,I am now considering coming back for a new Passat, I am thinking of going for a 190bhp GT manual.
I would prefer the CC version but no sign of it being around in time.
Anybody seen one in the flesh?

BenR
11-02-2015, 05:55 PM
If you're still interested... yes, I've just ordered a B8 Estate, 2.0 tdi 150ps with DSG. Night blue, black upholsery. Dealer indicated "£26,000 possible"but the negotiations will be down to our purchasing director.

Can't wait. It will be my third Passat estate and they just go on getting better. The B8 is all new and looks quite blingy inside.

P Adams
19-02-2015, 11:54 PM
Yes, just ordered a B8 saloon, 2.0TDI 150PS manual GT in tungsten silver metallic, with premium LED projector headlights and Dynamic Chassis Control... Test drove one and it was superb!

ch4rch
20-02-2015, 11:44 AM
HI,

Just ordered a B8 Saloon 190 DSG R-Line in Tungsten Silver. Apparently R-lines are being built week 17 so should arrive some time in May. Wasnt able to get a test drive but sat in the showroom GT and it was a very nice place to be and certainly preferred it to my current 2011 Merc C250.

P Adams
20-02-2015, 11:47 PM
HI,

Just ordered a B8 Saloon 190 DSG R-Line in Tungsten Silver. Apparently R-lines are being built week 17 so should arrive some time in May. Wasnt able to get a test drive but sat in the showroom GT and it was a very nice place to be and certainly preferred it to my current 2011 Merc C250.

Excellent choice! Tungsten silver looks superb on the new shape

Major Jasper
21-02-2015, 12:24 PM
Ordered B8 190ps manual GT estate plus LED headlights back in Jan. Another in Tungsten Silver as well!

Believe delivery due in April.....

RickT
24-02-2015, 06:21 PM
HI,

Will be a nice car that!

I will arrange for a new Passat B8 section to be created.

Thanks

bluestar_ale
24-02-2015, 08:09 PM
I have just ordered B8 Passat Estate 150 GT, Manual, Night Blue, Discover Pro Navigation, Reversing Camera, Auto Tailgate, rear sun blinds, have an estimated delivery date of May...

I'm in a B8 demonstrator at the moment, GT saloon, DSG, full leather, it's a nice car..

P Adams
25-02-2015, 02:37 PM
Just been told mine's due May 11th... going to be a big jump from a 2006 B6!

piwo
07-03-2015, 12:06 AM
Hi, just ordered a B8 Estate 2.0 tdi 190ps with DSG. Indium Grey. have a estimated delivery date of May

P Adams
29-03-2015, 10:36 PM
Just been sent a message via VW's track my order - 'your car is being built'. Arrives in four weeks at my dealer

tourer2
30-03-2015, 07:16 PM
Just taken delivery of my new Passat SE Business. Very smooth and comfortable motor. Previously had A4 TDie and Passat is much nicer to drive but will have to wait to see if it delivers claimed super mpg - the Audi definitely didn't!!

P Adams
31-03-2015, 01:39 PM
Update from VW... my GT has 'left the building' and is in transit:D

vrsvec
06-04-2015, 05:16 PM
Hi,
I guess our models differ slightly in spec over here in Ireland compared to the ones in the UK.
I know my previus Octavia vRS's differed anyway.
But after owning 3 vRS Octavia's I need a change of scenery so ordered a new Passat B8.

150bhp
Highline spec > I am assuming this is similar to the SE with you?

Added Business Edition.> This gives 8" Discover pro headunit and LED Headlamps.

Added sports pack . > this gives Nappa Leather and 18" wheels.

So,
White
St,Tropez Nappa Leather
18" Dartfort alloys.
8" Headunit
LED Headlamps.

I drove the test model 3 times to be certain this is what I wanted to go for and was dead pleased with the ride quality.
Though it only had 17" alloys, I don't think 18's will make it any worse really, would they?

What sold it for me was how quiet it was compared to my current vRS, This has only 13k Kms on it and it would blow your ears off at motorway speed ( 120 kph )
The Passat was much much quieter ate 145 kph on motorway than the vrs on the same road would be at 80 kph.

Now the long wait until August 8th. My change date.

OH
One thing.
My current car as any Octavia vRS owner will know about is the windscreen fogging issue. Absolutely annoying.

I am wondering if the Passat would suffer from this and should I alter my order to include heated windscreen?

BenR
07-04-2015, 09:46 AM
At last the order has been placed with our local fleet supplier. I wanted a 2.0 tdi SE estate with DSG in Night Blue with heated screen and seats but the move to auto box is a first for my company's fleet manager (I broke the mould by going straight to see the CEO and tellling him the traffic was killing my left knee thanks to the heavy clutch and I would appreciate auto next time... and soon, please!)

The fleet manager wasn't very happy at being over-ridden by the CEO so he has been dragging his heels. When the time came for ordering I got knocked back on the heated bits and the metallic paint. OK, I thought, as long as it's the DSG in SE trim I don't mind. When the purchasing manager got involved he told me I could wait three months for my choice of plain grey to be manufactured or have one that's due into the UK by end of April and is a 2.0 tdi SE estate with DSG and.... iridium grey metallic!

Last time round they ignored my colour choice and delivered a black B7 and you do see a lot of black B7 estates on the road, which leads me to think that manufacturers like VW will make a big batch in one colour then spread them around the dealers just to get stock into the showrooms before orders begin to come in; selling the "standard" colour batch of cars at a discount. We got £3,500 discount off this one, which rather confirms my belief. So am I right? Will I see legions of Iridium grey Passats on the road in the next year or two?

Anyway I can't wait. I don't think I've ever looked forward so much to new car time.

vrsvec
07-04-2015, 07:32 PM
Spoke with the dealer today.
Build week 28 confirmed.
If any updates are coming for MY16 then I should be covered for them.
My colllection is dated for week 31 so cutting it a bit tight. :)

P Adams
07-04-2015, 10:32 PM
2 1/2 weeks until my GT saloon handover. Washed, polished and vacuumed my old B6 for the last time - It's been a great car. Almost got sentimental over it:crying:

BenR
08-04-2015, 04:54 PM
Phew, the B7 was a big improvement on the B6 so you're going to LOVE going straight to a B8!

Has anybody noticed how many B6 Passats are finding their way into the minicab market? I don't know whether to be happy or unhappy about that; I keep telling myself it's a sign of a good, reliable car. The rear legroom in the B8 is massive so they should prove very popular in ten years or so.

P Adams
10-04-2015, 10:40 PM
Phew, the B7 was a big improvement on the B6 so you're going to LOVE going straight to a B8!

Has anybody noticed how many B6 Passats are finding their way into the minicab market? I don't know whether to be happy or unhappy about that; I keep telling myself it's a sign of a good, reliable car. The rear legroom in the B8 is massive so they should prove very popular in ten years or so.

Yes, very lucky that I'm getting a B8 from a B6. My wife has a B7 and I get to drive it at weekends and found that quite a jump:D

Update... VW text update says that my car has arrived in the UK!

mike6265
15-04-2015, 08:13 PM
(Not sure if this is the correct section)
I am going to order a Passat Estate GT 2.0 TDI 150PS DSG. Extras Nappa Leather and a few others to include Tyre pressure monitoring system.
Does anyone know about the lighting for continental driving. Will I just need to stick bits on the headlights (as with my B6) or is there a more sophisticated system?
Is it worth upgrading to the Discover Pro DVD nav/radio system?
Thanks,
Mike

P Adams
19-04-2015, 07:03 AM
Had an unscheduled, five minute sneak peak at my GT saloon in a dark, deserted service bay today, prior to a next weekend handover.

First time I've seen in the flesh a saloon in tungsten silver, debadged, with its 18" anthracite alloys and premium LED headlights. In the semi dark, before my sales lady got a few more lights turned on, it looked a simply stunning car.

When the lights came on it looked even better! It looked huge compared to my B6 saloon outside in the afternoon sunshine. I couldn't stop smiling afterwards and she could see It was going to be a pretty long week at work waiting for next weekend to come.

BenR
20-04-2015, 11:51 AM
Can't comment on the B8 obviously but the system on the B7 keeps the windscreen clear as long as you don't allow the grey plasticiser film to accumulate, as that attracts and holds moisture. Keep the inside of the windscreen clean and you shouldn't have a problem.

vrsvec
20-04-2015, 02:22 PM
Spoke with the dealer today.
Build week 28 confirmed.
If any updates are coming for MY16 then I should be covered for them.
My colllection is dated for week 31 so cutting it a bit tight. :)

Spoke with the dealer again and my build week has been brought forward to week 25.
I also had a change of heart and went for the Black Nappa leather instead of the St. Tropez as I wear denims mostly and didn't want dye transfer.
Also added Heated screen.

djmx5
21-04-2015, 09:30 PM
Booked test drive for early next week.
Had an offer of 2.0se saloon with met paint £20232 OTR
Seems good.
Drove a 14plate estate last weekend which felt quite similar to my old B5.5 est.
Wonder what the B8 is like.
D

djmx5
23-04-2015, 07:13 PM
Local dealer came up trumps.....2.0se business in tungsten in the showroom and will now be on my drive sometime next week.

For anyone about to purchase....I took a quote print out from Carwow with me. Dealer, after some calls, would match and i got a couple of goodies thrown in too. He told me this level of discount would not have been possible for a car not on their premises and which they had not already purchased from VW UK. In other words a factory order.

So there we are, I have learned something today about buying a new car (not done that for years).

Must say it drives very nice.

Happy bidding
D

P Adams
23-04-2015, 10:36 PM
Local dealer came up trumps.....2.0se business in tungsten in the showroom and will now be on my drive sometime next week.

For anyone about to purchase....I took a quote print out from Carwow with me. Dealer, after some calls, would match and i got a couple of goodies thrown in too. He told me this level of discount would not have been possible for a car not on their premises and which they had not already purchased from VW UK. In other words a factory order.

So there we are, I have learned something today about buying a new car (not done that for years).

Must say it drives very nice.

Happy bidding
D

Well done djmx5 you're going to love it!

I think it depends on the dealer. I went in and got a better price than my Carwow quote and a better trade in for my Old Passat on a factory order GT with some extras. We pick it up at the weekend

BenR
01-05-2015, 01:51 PM
It's arrived!

Only driven it round the block but the first impression is a massive improvement in quality; it feels and drives like a much more solid car. Standard seats are comfortable and body-hugging with great thigh support. It has the usual baffling amd silly interlocks but I'll get used to that. Great sound system, masses of space, space saver spare wheel, quite blingy dash but sober interior.

First big drive will be very early tomorrow over the Snake Pass on my way to the annual college mountaineering club reunion.... can't wait....

chucky
01-05-2015, 05:33 PM
It's arrived!

Only driven it round the block but the first impression is a massive improvement in quality; it feels and drives like a much more solid car. Standard seats are comfortable and body-hugging with great thigh support. It has the usual baffling amd silly interlocks but I'll get used to that. Great sound system, masses of space, space saver spare wheel, quite blingy dash but sober interior.

First big drive will be very early tomorrow over the Snake Pass on my way to the annual college mountaineering club reunion.... can't wait....

27756 Congratulations! What are interlocks? Also, did you consider the Crimson Red at all?

BenR
01-05-2015, 06:32 PM
The interlocks are just the usual silly stuff where it won't start unless your foot is on the brake (it's DSG) and so on. No worse than the B7 really. It came in Iridium Grey, which is a mid metallic grey with a greenish tinge; I got no choice because my company ordered a "showroom filler", which came with no choice in spec..... after they had knocked me back on metallic paint and heated screen and seats!

This is the first time I've driven DSG and it seems fine, nice and responsive. The car picks up speed fast and smoothly without fuss. The biggest difference is the solidity of the engineering and the much more solid and "grown up" feel of the car, no creaks or rattles, great soundproofing, good all-round vision, plenty of toys for my son to mess around with, cruise control with automatic distance control, parking sensors, it really is a whole new generation of motor car. Once the engine has loosened up it's going to be a flyer.

BenR
08-05-2015, 02:30 PM
OK I've been driving it for exactly a week so here are some more impressions:

The "comfort" seat is so-called because it is softer than the seat on the B7, which was well-shaped but firm, meaning you got a numb bum on long trips. The comfort seat is softer and has the forward extending base so it supports the thighs well but the lumbar support is slightly higher up the backrest and less firm than on the B7, meaning that I'm already experimenting with a small pad of supporting foam lower down the lumbar area. Generally though the comfort seat feels bigger and... more comfortable at first.

The car has much bigger tyres on the 17" wheels than the B7, this affects the feel and noise level and seems to help it roll better; the aerodynamics must be better because there is almost no retardation with throttle off; the DSG car will just roll and roll. The brakes are absolutely superb, really really powerful.

The power to weight of the B8 is massively better than in the B7 and the DSG car takes off like a demented cat if you floor the throttle, especially with the lever in Sport mode. It is really incredibly easy to break the law - perhaps this is why VW have given you a speed restrictor option on the cruise control. The B7 suffered alarming banging front axle tramp if you spun the wheels or went too fast over a speed hump (as the wheels went down the far side of the hump) or maybe that was just noise from the DMF because it also happened if you stalled it. Whatever it was, I don't think the B8 has the same problem.

The ventilation isn't any better than on the B7, you get more speed settings on the fan but airflow is "discrete". The cabin and instrument/switch lighting is a constellation of bluey tinged LEDs. The high headlamp beam looks a bit lopsided but I will get that checked at first service. The interior feels much better quality and the rear legroom is massive thanks to the increased wheelbase. The minor stuff like ICE and driver info take some reading of the handbook to understand but once your teenager has explained, things seem pretty logical. The driver info has three settings: long-term, from start of journey and from refuel and it's easy to toggle between them. On the eco gearbox setting I've aleady seen 60.3 mpg. The ICE is very good and clear and the phone interface works well and with clarity. Having such a quiet cabin helps too.

So again, a massive improvement on the B6/B7 model, this really is a completely new car with a serious "executive" quality about it. I am enjoying it very much indeed.

djmx5
08-05-2015, 08:23 PM
Had mine for a week today also and covered 300+ miles. V.Nice. yes fast enough, though have been keeping to the regime recommended in the hand book. Only found two gripes…1/ open the window when raining and you get a damp lap….2/ How do you stop the Nav voice from wittering away?

I set and used a route today. I then deleted it from the memory but the voice kept prompting the way home. Annoying as I was listening to Sabbath!
Couldn't work out how to turn her off. Have read the manual but other than advising to turn the whole infotainment unit off it made no mention of my issue.
Would also be nice to change the female voice…..

Agree with the above comments about quality/refinement/space…the lack of noise inside also is a big step forward. Very pleased I made the purchase. Did try an A6 but this feels as good and bit easier on the wallet too.
D

chucky
09-05-2015, 10:42 AM
Can you tell me what you think of the standard sound system?

BenR
09-05-2015, 10:28 PM
Perfectly adequate. For my B6 and my B7 I got the next level upgrade but this system is standard and is as good, superbly clear at all volumes and in all driving conditions. There is only one CD slot but it's quick and easy to change discs. The DAB radio is easy to tune and works seamlessly with bluetooth. The only thing I haven't tried yet is driving through a DAB dead spot we have between Gisburn and Skipton to see how the radio copes with that.

chucky
09-05-2015, 11:08 PM
Perfectly adequate. For my B6 and my B7 I got the next level upgrade but this system is standard and is as good, superbly clear at all volumes and in all driving conditions. There is only one CD slot but it's quick and easy to change discs. The DAB radio is easy to tune and works seamlessly with bluetooth. The only thing I haven't tried yet is driving through a DAB dead spot we have between Gisburn and Skipton to see how the radio copes with that.

Did you have the dynaudio previously? I was thinking of going for it in my new B8 but it sounds like it might not be necessary.

BenR
10-05-2015, 01:54 PM
I mustn't have done because I've never heard of Dynaudio!

I'm pretty fussy about sound quality and I'm finding the standard setup perfectly fine. With the engine stopped it has massive bass but you don't hear that so well on the move because of background noise.

lozzer62
22-06-2015, 05:07 PM
Hi, I'm new to the Forum, but wanted to share my thoughts if anyone is interested.

I ordered a GT 240PS Bi Turbo Saloon, Indium Grey, Dynamic Light Assist, Voice control, Sound insulating laminated glass, reversing camera & electronic boot. I didn't go for the Discover Nav Pro upgrade, but slightly regret not doing so. I ordered it on 29th December and it was finally built on the 19th June. It's now the 22nd June and it is currently waiting at the port, awaiting loading onto the ship to Grimsby. A 26 week wait for a build was very disappointing for a Passat, but a couple of weeks ago the dealer lent me their 190PS GT DSG, in the same colour as mine but with loads of bells and whistles (and a rattle from the dash, but I'm told that this is down to the son of a member of staff who posted a coin down the A/C vent). It has the Nappa Leather seats which are comfortable, but without ventilation I find them really hot and sticky, so glad I didn't order leather on mine - it's Alcantara by default. I've got this car until mine arrives, so in some respects the longer mine takes to come the better as I'm only paying for fuel at the moment.

Some contributors here mentioned how quiet the car is. Please make sure you ask if the demonstrator has the laminated glass - you can tell because on SE Business and above if it doesn't have tints from the B-pillar back then it's got laminated glass. I am led to believe that this makes a big difference and worth specifying either on its own or as part of another pack (The side windows will also say something like "Saint Gobain Sekurit", which should also result in a lower insurance premium, according to Saint Gobain's website. It's not possible to have aftermarket tints put onto this glass, which is why it's strange that VW didn't specify the tinted laminated glass which Saint Gobain do produce.

I've used the lane keep assist and blind spot warning. The former is uncanny in its ability to keep the car in a lane on the Motorway and even around town, but as you have to keep your hands on the wheel for it to work (thank goodness - I'm not sure it's that good), I'm glad I didn't pay for it on mine. The blind spot warning is really clever and well worth thinking about.

Thankfully, I haven't had to resort to the rear traffic assist.

I've never used Adaptive Cruise before and I know it's been around for some years now, but it is great on the motorway and have even used it around town. It's impressive how it slows to a stop in traffic, with a little lift just before it comes to a halt, so as not to jolt the passengers.

I have found the Ergo Comfort seat quite comfortable, once I adjusted it correctly and the whole ergonomics of the car are a massive improvement on my 7 year old B6. There's loads more room up front and also for back seat passengers. You sit a bit lower in this model, which isn't a bad thing.

I've fiddled with the four driving modes and have plumped for Individual, Sport for the steering and gear changes, but I don't particularly like the Eco settings for coasting - I'd rather feel the engine braking for me when I take my foot off, but that's just my preference. The 240PS comes with the Magnetic Dampers and an X-Diff, so that should be fun to fiddle with.

Someone mentioned the ambient lighting. This is standard on the GT and above, but I believe that it can be specified on other models. You can't change the colour from bright white, but that's fine. The whole interior is bathed in light and the wafer thin strips that run along the door trims are amazing! If they were to offer multiple colours, then they'd need to make the strip three times the width and it wouldn't look as good.

I always keep whatever car I'm driving very clean, so have got to know every bit of the car in the 2 weeks I've had the demonstrator and the outside is put together beautifully with no sharp edges or exposed bolts/screws - unlike the B6. It certainly looks and feels like a premium product now.

Oh, and the sound from the stock audio system is fine, though I am sure that the Dynaudio system is a step up.

Even though I ordered mine shortly after it hit the showrooms I got £3.5k discount off list and also went with the Personal Purchase scheme which comes with a further £1.5k contribution from VW themselves. So, basically I've got a £36.3k car for £31.3k. I know, a lot of money all the same for a Passat, but it's the car I wanted from the start and plan to keep for many years, like I did the previous one. And it's not a bad price for a 4x4, which I have wanted ever since I drove an Alltrack when mine was off the road last winter for a few days.

If you're thinking of ordering one I'd say go ahead, you shouldn't be disappointed and hopefully they might start shipping more over here once they've satisfied the German market.