PDA

View Full Version : Red LED dispay fault

D'Squared
23-09-2007, 10:23 AM
I have an occasional fault with the red LED dash display that shows outside temp/fuel calculations etc on my B5.5 Sport TDI estate.
It sometimes doesn't work, if i key off and then key back on it will work. The fault when apparent will only do it when i key on, and when working its fine.
Is there a common fault with these? any ideas?? is there a module which fails? if so how much and where is it located??

Cheers

D'Squared
24-09-2007, 07:53 PM
I have an occasional fault with the red LED dash display that shows outside temp/fuel calculations etc on my B5.5 Sport TDI estate.
It sometimes doesn't work, if i key off and then key back on it will work. The fault when apparent will only do it when i key on, and when working its fine.
Is there a common fault with these? any ideas?? is there a module which fails? if so how much and where is it located??

Cheers

Anyone else had this fault??

onzarob
24-09-2007, 08:38 PM
The LCD display is red but the back light is provided by standard miniature bulb. you may find one has gone faulty.

D'Squared
24-09-2007, 08:51 PM
The LCD display is red but the back light is provided by standard miniature bulb. you may find one has gone faulty.

it does all work, its happened probably 5 times in 3years of ownership, the whole display just does not come on. If i turn off the ignition and then back on again it will work, when off it won't come back on until i have switched the ignition off then on again.

Stevebt
26-09-2007, 12:35 PM
I am having a similar problem with mine at the moment, I have 2000 1.9TDI (ATJ) and mine just flashes on and off, it doesn't seem to caused by going over bumps,speeding up, slowing down or any external force.
I haven't had a look yet probably because I dont know where to, any clues would help me too.