PDA

View Full Version : b7 headrest nightmare

dieselal
11-10-2014, 12:46 AM
I sold my Audi A6 c5 after many loyal years of use and bought a 2011 2.0 tdi se 140 bluemotion estate Passat.
Today I went for a 260 mile drive (all motorway) and I very disappointed in the design of the headrests, I have my seat properly adjusted yet only my mid and lower back touches the rear of my seat back , my head is pushed downwards and forwards in a very uncomfortable driving position and after the end of the journey , my back aches between my shoulders and also my neck hurts.
Is there an alternative headrest for this model that offers full adjustment?
What nightmare of a design, if I cant find a better headrest I can see me ripping those ones out and throwing them in a biffa bin.

bertj
11-10-2014, 09:36 AM
Look at the inside of the head restraint. You should see a partly recessed button; press it in and the head restraint can then be slid forward and back within its shell. It would appear that yours is pushed completely forward.

dieselal
12-10-2014, 10:21 PM
Yes, and thank you for the reply. My sales guy said only vertical adjustment was available ,but now I see its fully adjustable.

daveo138
21-12-2014, 01:54 PM
It seems that the head restraint on the 'S' model does not adjust fore and aft.

I have had to turn mine back to front in order to avoid chronic back and neck pain.

I have just bought a H/R from a Golf Mk4 to see if it cures the problem.