PDA

View Full Version : RNS e Drive replacement Comptibility problem

danshell667
10-10-2014, 03:23 PM
Hi,

I bought a new drive from Hong Kong for my RNSe Mk2.

The drive orininally installed was a DV35M110, I bought a drive that looks odentical but has a different number on it, DV33M01C

Once installed I plugged it back in and the RNSe will not accept the PIN number which I am 100% certain is correct.

I have read somewhere that the drives are not interchangable.

Can anyone confirm this is a known issue and also a source, if possible, for me to buy the correct drive.

Thanks

tetskoma
21-10-2015, 08:42 AM
Hi Sorry to dig out the old thread.
Have you sorted out this problem?

I need to replace the drive for my RNS-E mk 2, and thinking about buying the drive from China or HK as it is much cheaper (around £40!). But I don't mind buying from UK seller on Ebay.
Whichever I use, I want to make sure it will work with my unit.

Thank you for your help.

danshell667
21-10-2015, 09:23 AM
Hi,

I ended up talking the laser out of the new drive from HK and swapping it into my original drive.

The problem is on the mk2 units the head unit needs to match the circuit board in the actual drive. If you don't when you put it in the unit does not recognise the security code.

I got a lot of help from Hazzy Dayz. If I am honest and had to do it again, I would probably get Hazzy Dayz to do it. Yes you can save money doing it yourself and its not that difficult but swapping the circuit board may be harder.

Good luck mate.

Hi Sorry to dig out the old thread.
Have you sorted out this problem?

I need to replace the drive for my RNS-E mk 2, and thinking about buying the drive from China or HK as it is much cheaper (around £40!). But I don't mind buying from UK seller on Ebay.
Whichever I use, I want to make sure it will work with my unit.

Thank you for your help.