PDA

View Full Version : Is it actually possible to retro-fit Cruise Contrl to B5 A4 1.9Tdi?

paulfromswindon
20-07-2006, 05:48 PM
Hi guys, new to this forum, just bought my first A4, looking forward to picking it up next week!

I am really trying to confirm whether I can retro-fit cruise to the car - I have searched the internet. loads of references to passats, A3's etc, but no definitive info, and it seems Audi doesn't do a retro-fit kit, but various companies claim they can fit one for you, so it seems possible

I have fitted a cruise kit to my old 99 Passat 1.9tdi, and am wondering whether it is actually the same kit, as I believe both cars are identical under the surface? Anyone know if this is the case? Or if not, which parts are actually required. The Passat kit came with the stalk, a small wiring loom, and instructions..

If I can actually figure this one out I will document the whole proccess, and post it for others to see...

Many thanks

Paul

paulfromswindon
20-07-2006, 10:03 PM
By the way, I assume I have correctly described it as a B5, its a 2001 model, from the 1995-2001 model..

Thanks

Paul

stuart
20-07-2006, 10:36 PM
Try contacting AMD, they should be able to advise

http://www.amdtechnik.com/products.variant.cfm?variantid=10

STuart

devonutopia
20-07-2006, 10:41 PM
oem cruise control systems are retrofittable into most cars. My TDI (Skoda Fabia) has it fitted. Its brilliant. :)

28ward28
26-07-2006, 09:42 PM
After many months of investigation and study I had enough information to fit cruise control to my passat. I went for a cheap (cost nothing as I used parts I had lying around) option by making a switch with two buttons and mounted them on a blank switch. It worked first time.

It took me about 3 hours to complete the job but most of that time was spent checking out the wireing. Knowing what I know know and with some preperation the car work would only take around an hour.

VAG.COM was required as cruise was not already enabled.

paulfromswindon
30-07-2006, 02:45 PM
thanks guys,

does anyone know what the part number is for the cruise stalk on a 2001 B5 A4 - does it also have the lighting stalk on it or are they two seperate mudules?

Thanks

Paul