PDA

View Full Version : Greetings!

Clint007
20-07-2006, 01:18 PM
Hi guys,

This is my first post here and im just looking for a bit of information regarding the A4 2.6 (quattro) 1996 model.

Ive been looking around everywhere and cannot find an Induction kit for this model anywhere? Is there no where that actualy makes a kit for this model? And is there any particular reason?

I know BBRGti do a custom ECU which raises the HP by 16hp and the torque by 18nm, but wondered what else can be done to the car to improve performance other than a cat-back exhaust.

Im looking to buy one of these models as it's within my budget and i much prefer 6 cylinder over 4 cylinder (for a few reasons), but was suprised to see not alot of aftermarket modifications for the model.

Any information anyone can offer would be a massive help!

Many thanks guys,
Regards
Clint

nickasaki
28-07-2006, 03:27 PM
Nice car mate, i had a 2.6 A4 Quattro 1996 , smooth as silk and a motorway mile muncher, i did the exhaust and just fitted a K+N pannel filter i also did alot of searching around and found out that this 2.6 engine did not have alot of tuning options unless you go into spending alot of money...good luck and happy motoring.........P.S is your car engine code ABC if so take care not to let your battery go flat as this plays tricks with the ECU causing it to go into "get me home mode" :zx11: so the tickover is about 1500 rpm all the time , The only way you can correct this is find somebody with VAG-COM and ask them to reset the basic settings or take it to the local *********** and part with about £50.00 for about 10-15 mins work (bugger).:zx11: .....

El Dingo
28-07-2006, 09:08 PM
I had one of these too - great car. I did 130,000 miles in it, with no problems.

ABC engine can be chipped (without any other mod) takes power up to about 160 BHP. Not really worth it, as the standard tune is pretty good - this car was not tuned by Audi for maximum economy over driveability.

If you want to do a lot of modding, go for the 1.8T.

:beerchug: