PDA

View Full Version : B6 MFSW & MFD retrofit - small issues

Jon928
30-09-2014, 11:12 PM
I'm in a bit of a pickle. I retrofitted (from a saloon...:banghead:) into my estate - a MFSW, steering switches, (indicator, cruise and wiper stalks) plus the saloon clockspring, MFSW ECU MFD etc.

The airbag from that car was blown, so the airbag control ECU (mounted on the floor behind the heater controls) would have been shot anyway - but I didn't get this or its part number.

Anyhow, retrofitted the bits and working very well indeed - except for the fact that I don't have rear wiper control :banghead:

And I have an airbag warning light on - its the driver's airbag. I have tried to fit my original airbag (with dual igniter) however the donor car was 2008 and fitted with a single igniter -so I think that now half the system is single igniter, however the main airbag controller is dual ignite - I think that's where the problem lies?

Questions:

Can anyone decode this (spec sticker below) - I'm hoping that this will help me to understand the relevant part numbers of the items I need? This is apparently from a 55 plate B6 sport estate (same age as mine) however with MFSW & MFD - so I'm thinking that armed with this data I can hunt down the correct parts I need for my car (wiper stalk with rear wash wipe, ECU & component part numbers)??

If this is a 'pants' idea - can anyone advise the easiest way for me to approach this? I've an MoT approaching soon and would like to get the car sorted. I can't afford to throw too much money towards this at the moment, however am keen things fixed.

As usual - any help and advice is gladly received.

Cheers

Jon :)