PDA

View Full Version : Farewell

xtremist
30-09-2014, 12:55 PM
Well the day arrived on Friday and I sold my A4 :( and the end of a 6+ year stint of owning a VAG car.

I owned the A4 for 3.5 years, driven over 115k miles, had the clutch and DMF changed twice (2nd time was FOC due to a faulty part / fitting), 2 cambelts (2nd time due to pulley coming loose and scoring the back of the belt), discs and pads on the front changed, countless how many tyres (anyone want any winter tyres?) and was serviced in line with schedule.

Thoroughly enjoyed driving it and it was a very comfortable car with enough gizmo's to keep me amused on the daily commute and a big enough boot for a couple of bikes or for trips to the tip. Economy was improving with age (up to an average of 53mpg when I sold it) and I'm sure it was only just run in.

So, what's it been replaced with..... a slight change in tack due to personal circumbstances and the want/need for a more fuel efficient mode of transport. It's a 2014 model 2WD 1.6 dci Qashqui, initial impressions are good, doesn't have the 'thud' when closing doors, or the torque, but I'm seeing a 20% increase in economy, so it should start paying for itself before too long and the gizmo's should keep me amused for the foreseeable future.

Appreciate the advice given by members on this forum and hopefully I've contributed somewhat as well.

I might pop back every now and again, as there is still some A4 knowledge between my ears :biglaugh:.

bigslope
30-09-2014, 02:52 PM
Good luck with the new wagon. We all move on. I hope you have many happy years motoring