PDA

View Full Version : A4 Front End Clunking

Camerashy
29-09-2014, 11:42 PM
I'm looking for any advice please.
I picked up a new A4 in March this year and approximately 6 weeks ago I started to hear a clunking coming from the near side front area whenever I go over bump roads or uneven surfaces.
It has been back to the Dealers for the third time and this time they have replace the anti roll bars and bushes, currently they are looking at the suspension leg but think there is no problem with that??
The loan car which I have a 14 plate S line has a similar noise whenever I pull in to my drive which is at a slightly higher level than the road surface.
The Dealers are talking with Audi UK at the moment regarding suspension leg measurements and probably plan to go back to Audi Germany as the next step.
Has anyone ever come across a similar problem please or even has an A4 and resolved the same issue
Thanks for your help
Dave

the4siswicked
05-10-2014, 11:15 PM
Yes... Dealer in the states added some foam in the hood! Had the same problem! It isn't the suspension. It's your hood. Something about chassis flex causes the hood aka boot to clunk. Hope this helps!. There also might be a bulletin. Not sure, but mine is gone now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk