PDA

View Full Version : need vag-com and new key. can you help?

Muddy19
21-09-2007, 11:23 PM
hey y'all.

am after some of that Vag-om software and necessery leads for my car.

car in question - Audi A4 Tdi (AHU) with a lot of TLC. (1996)

also am after a new key. could anybody help me out and quote me please? im looking to buy in the 1st week of october.

Muddy19
21-09-2007, 11:25 PM
and from my understanding there is a freeware version and one that is (not free)

whats the difference in two? what can you do with the one where you pay for it?

lostplanet
22-09-2007, 01:31 PM
have you got a laptop? there are USB cables available from eshrules on this site.
look for USB KKL VAG COM cable
http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=9164

I got your PM the other day, sorry didn't reply been busy.

the sotware is called VAG-COM and is version 409.1 contact eshrules for details, i couldn't see the usb version on the rosstech site.
http://www.ross-tech.com/

ross tech are the people that write the VAG COM software and will give you a full version licence for around £50 online.

The freeware/ shareware version are limited but will give you the basic fault code finding and clearing.
Can't explain completely what the full version does but try the freeware and if there is something it does that you want, go ahead and buy it.
an example is that if you have more than one fault code appear in ABS it will only show the first in detail, the rest are restricted until you buy a licence. but you can search the error codes online. Just try it, it is worth a look.

Keys I am not sure about cheap option, but i do know that if you have it done thru a dealer it will cost you around £150.
the key fob and blade are available seperately.

If you want the blade this is when you will need the ID and V5

the dealer will order the Key fob and the Blade, which works out about £90 incl VAT. (if you want a new or spare key)

It Takes about 5 to 7 days to do, make an appoitnment with an audi dealer, you will need the owner of the vehicle there on site with the V5 document and ID the day they do the programming. they "should" charge 1 half hours labour to do the job which about £55 included in the total.

thats what i know so far.

Muddy19
23-09-2007, 05:46 PM
bloody hell.

looks like am gona be throwing more money on the car this month.

and yes i have got a laptop but ma sister keeps knicking it to take it to uni.

thanks anyway.

OldBoy Racer
25-09-2007, 09:38 PM
Tried every other way to get a new key. All roads lead to the Audi main dealer I am afraid! About £150 all in and previous poster correct, you will nee full ID plus the V5 before they will order the key.

Muddy19
29-09-2007, 11:25 PM
hmmm. right now im skint. only had sum money for sum aero wipers.

next month, new pagid (maybe ebc greenstuf) pads are going on with an ABS sensor. and new MAf (but am not sure why ma car slows down on uphill motorway roads. it maybe the Maf, or the EGR)

month after that, 18"alloys (black polished nouvolari's) and JBl audio upgrade (4 x speakers running off a 640w kenwood amp to go with my 600w kenwood sub running off 640w kenwood amp)

and after that, if i got any money left, i'l get a new key and vag-com. and maybe tints.

lolz (its good to have postive thinking hey, but i know i will neva get all that done in the time frame)