PDA

View Full Version : Rattling Dashboard

rjt64
16-09-2014, 03:17 PM
When I part ex'ed the B6 estate for the B7 estate, I had hoped to get rid of the rattles from the dashboard.
No such luck-if anything the new car is worse than the old one.

Am I alone, or has anyone got the rattles sorted out-either by fixing themselves or actually getting a dealer to agree the rattles exist in the first place and rectifying them?:zx11:

Car is still only 6 months old..

dieseljames
29-09-2014, 09:54 PM
I have a 2010 B7 and unfortunately every time I've mentioned it to the Dealer they have denied being able to find anything. To be fair to them its worse when the weather turns cold (plastic expanding when using the heater) but there is still an annoying rattle on the best of days.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that you can remove the radio surround and tighten some screws - but I may be getting confused with the B6 as I now can't find where I may have read that...maybe someone on here will know?

Flash2
29-09-2014, 11:52 PM
The radio surround just pulls off. Get your fingers under the bottom and pull it towards you. (same as the B6)

There is a VW bulletin relating to rattles from the instrument cluster surround. The fix is to remove the surround trim and fit bits of felt tape at certain points on the under surface.

Jim.

barcud
30-09-2014, 10:44 AM
I heard a similar rattle on a brand new demonstrator B7 when I test drove it. (The salesman could not hear it - funny that?)
Went on to buy a saloon and that has a 'twangy-sounding' rattle too, though thankfully not all the time.
I'll keep an ear on the noise and remember the bulletin!

7Black
22-03-2015, 12:54 AM
Hi guys, here is repair solution I posted. Passat dash rattle fix - YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZL_ZtdEl9E)