PDA

View Full Version : Window Fuses for 1.8T

Tearing Hair Out
19-07-2006, 07:40 PM
Can anybody help me identify which fuses/wires to pull to disable the convenience feature on a '98 1.8T such that a defective driver's (left) side door lock can't disarm the alarm (not that I'm opposed to this vehicle being stolen at the moment), unlock the doors and open the windows? The dealer informs me (when he returns my calls) that the new lock will take 2-4 weeks to come from Germany.

In the interim I'm getting rather sick of the alarm beeping in stop and go traffic, whenever I hit a bump, or whenever it feels like it and the windows opening every time there's a loud noise (just like you'd get in a thunderstorm and you happen to be parked outside).

I've pulled fuses 6, 14, 15 and 38 to noa avail. These are for central locking, alarms and window switch, windows and central locking respectively yet I can still operate the windows from the passenger side lock and the gremlins can operate then whenever they please. My next steps are to purchase a battery quick disconnect and a code saver. Picture, if you can, my glee at the VW ownership experience at this time.

zorgie
24-07-2006, 05:25 PM
Nm, missed the part where you said you already tried fuse 14 :D