PDA

View Full Version : Please Help 2009 A3 Central Locking Problem

gazza2222
07-09-2014, 09:47 PM
I am new to this forum and joined because I have really struggled trying to get information on A3 2009 onwards. I can't find a manual and have struggled to find info related to similar problems.

I have a 2009 5 door A3. The fuel door actuator started playing up at first which would not open from the remote fob but would lock okay (found the red pull cord luckily). I replaced the actuator / motor which sends the plunger through the flap door but the fault was still there. Now my passenger door will not open but does lock (same problem as fuel door). I have read that pre 2008 A3 cars have a convenience module located in the RHS of the boot which controls the locking however I cannot find any info for a 2009 car as I believe the locking system might have changed on this year? Can anyone help please.:(

HenrikMeister
12-09-2014, 05:08 PM
On my 04, the central locking module is located in the rhs boot. It should be hidden behind the cage. I would check that

gazza2222
12-09-2014, 11:25 PM
On my 04, the central locking module is located in the rhs boot. It should be hidden behind the cage. I would check that

Hi. Thanks for the response. I have looked there but could not see a great deal other than the fuel cap motor/solenoid which is why I was not sure if this model had it in the same please. Also if it is faulty and had to be changed I am unsure if it would effect the key fobs for the central locking (recoding required?). The fact that the fuel door stopped working first and now the passenger door makes me think that it is one central controller that is faulty.

HenrikMeister
13-09-2014, 12:00 AM
If it needed to be changed, I assume that you will get a module with the same partno. So no coding required. As for the location, I was scratching my head when I couldnt find my module. It should be within the fuel lock. Locate the lock, then follow the cable that should be connected to the central locking module. It is hidden behind a black plastic trim, you cant see it with just the boot trims are off. Can you find any cables on that side? Not sure if it differs between lhd and rhd cars.. A3's antenna uses the rear window heater wires.. So it should be there.