PDA

View Full Version : Diesel Additives

sathound
21-09-2007, 10:54 AM
Has anyone tried Millers Diesel Power Sport 4?

Details from Millers oils website are:-

RRP (INCLUDING VAT) :
500ml = £10.99
5L = £69.75

DESCRIPTION:
Performance diesel fuel treatment for enhanced combustion efficiency in all diesel engines, especially modern Euro IV-compliant types.

APPLICATION:
By addition to fuel in the ratio 1 part to 1000 parts [1ml/ltr].
One bottle treats 500 Litres of fuel.
May also be used at double strength for additional performance.

USER BENEFITS:
Millers Diesel Power Sport 4 is a modern state of the art fuel treatment that is suitable for all diesel engines, especially those with Diesel Particulate Filters and all Euro IV emissions compliant vehicles, providing a tangible improvement to vehicle performance.

INCREASES POWER
• Increases up to 17.5% BHP

REDUCES EMISSIONS
• Up to 70% less exhaust smoke
• Up to 20% less carbon emissions

INCREASES MPG
• Up to 7% economy improvements

CLEANS INJECTORS

• Increases cetane by up to 4 numbers
• Improves throttle response
• Wear protection
• Fuel system corrosion control
• Easier starting, quieter, smoother running engine
• Prevents fuel from ageing

Quatrelle
21-09-2007, 11:21 AM
Noticed something similar on sale in my VW dealer's workshop reception, but I didn't take much notice of the make (always been a bit wary of additives), but I've heard others speak highly of Millers.

Interesting that it was actually on sale through VW though. I'll have a look next week. Be interesting to see what the price is here - in the dealer's and possibly in an accessory shop. If it was Millers in the dealer's I'll try some.

Quatrelle
21-09-2007, 12:45 PM
Just had a look at their website - no distributors in France.

BenR
21-09-2007, 01:08 PM
That's 2p per litre treated. I have used BP Ultimate diesel in my old naturally-aspirated Land Rover and found it makes quite a difference. I wonder how this Millers compares? It's cheaper.

jimgironde
22-08-2008, 09:08 AM
Sorry for dragging up a thread that is nearly a year old!!

I have been considering Millers for quite a while now and because of that have googled and looked on various diesel forums on the web.

I will make my own mind up whether it is any good or not, but what has been mentioned a few times is that it will invalidate any warranty left on the car if it causes problems with the fuel pump/injectors ( :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:).

my car is the 57 plate 140 (non DPF) with 12k on the clock. I have problems buying premium fuels and therefore see this additive as an alternative.

Does anybody have any views on the suitability of this product and whether you think it would invalidate the warranty?

I have read that if you get problems with the fuel system, that VW do an analysis of the fuel to see what is in it.

I also thought I read on this forum somebody saying that their VW dealer suggested using it:confused:

Really appreciate your comments.

Quatrelle
22-08-2008, 02:16 PM
My dealer has a display of additives on the counter in the workshop check-in. It's not Miller's (you can't get it here).

I buy my diesel from a large local supermarket (it says it meets some French quality standard). Always have done with previous cars, and did wonder if an additive would justify the expense.

I bought a tin, but I can't remember if it made any difference because I forgot about it after I'd put it in.:o

I did try a tankful of Total's extra-special high-priced premium 'Excellium' in the Passat, but didn't really notice any difference. It's not that I can't afford premium diesel, I've just never seen the point. Having said that, after buying a tankful of really cheap diesel for the Laguna from cut-price supermarket it didn't seem to run as well afterwards.

Just to play 'devil's advocate', I do wonder if all these additives that you get with premium diesels are what knackers the fuel pumps. There was a thread on one of the other general forums about adding acetone to diesel to improve it. It did contain references to acetone thinning the diesel and thus ruining its lubricating properties.....

TimmyTim
22-08-2008, 04:37 PM
Has anyone tried Millers Diesel Power Sport 4?

Details from Millers oils website are:-

RRP (INCLUDING VAT) :
500ml = £10.99
5L = £69.75

DESCRIPTION:
Performance diesel fuel treatment for enhanced combustion efficiency in all diesel engines, especially modern Euro IV-compliant types.

APPLICATION:
By addition to fuel in the ratio 1 part to 1000 parts [1ml/ltr].
One bottle treats 500 Litres of fuel.
May also be used at double strength for additional performance.

USER BENEFITS:
Millers Diesel Power Sport 4 is a modern state of the art fuel treatment that is suitable for all diesel engines, especially those with Diesel Particulate Filters and all Euro IV emissions compliant vehicles, providing a tangible improvement to vehicle performance.

INCREASES POWER
• Increases up to 17.5% BHP

REDUCES EMISSIONS
• Up to 70% less exhaust smoke
• Up to 20% less carbon emissions

INCREASES MPG
• Up to 7% economy improvements

CLEANS INJECTORS

• Increases cetane by up to 4 numbers
• Improves throttle response
• Wear protection
• Fuel system corrosion control
• Easier starting, quieter, smoother running engine
• Prevents fuel from ageing

If you go on a site called Wilco Direct, you can get Millers power 4 sport for £44.25 for 5Ltrs... (mine came yesterday)

I've just been on the site and it's gone up to £51.99 but thats with free delivery...

Millers has to be the best stuff out there in my view! I've used it for over 15 years in one shape or another! and never had a problem... First engine I used it in was a XUD 1.9... What a difference it made to the overall eco and running! That was when they just called it "Millers diesel clean"

Great stuff :approve:

Spudrig
31-08-2008, 05:14 PM
I just bought a 500ml bottle from Halfords today for 11.99. I added a full measure (20ml) before I put 20 quid (19.62 litres, thank god for the diesel being 1.019p per litre in Ireland!!!) I'll post again once I have let it settle and I've done a few tankfuls worth of driving

Buzz_B6
07-09-2008, 12:43 AM
I only ever use Forte diesel additives. I Always put a 400ml bottle into a full tank about 400 miles before it gets an MOT, and every 10k. I've never failed an MOT on emissions with ANY car i own, although i have been accused of being overly **** about servicing schedules, which may contribute. In fact, i'm accused of that with everything to do with the car. Noises, squeaks, scratches, stereo quality, washing/valeting...