PDA

View Full Version : 4 Motion wiring.

Bill king
06-09-2014, 10:14 PM
Hi I want to fit 4 motion to my Sharan I have worked out the wriing for feeds and earths from a wiring diagram for the rear diff mounted Haldex controller.I need help with a couple of other wires.They are control wires, from the ABS ECU.I need to know how to feed the Haldex controller without the correct ABS ECU for a 4 Motion sytem. Any help or ideas I would be very gratefull . Thanks Bill.

Guest 2
06-09-2014, 10:48 PM
Hi I want to fit 4 motion to my Sharan I have worked out the wriing for feeds and earths from a wiring diagram for the rear diff mounted Haldex controller.I need help with a couple of other wires.They are control wires, from the ABS ECU.I need to know how to feed the Haldex controller without the correct ABS ECU for a 4 Motion sytem. Any help or ideas I would be very gratefull . Thanks Bill.

Can I ask why?

Bill king
07-09-2014, 08:48 PM
Hi Chris. Ive fitted everything and I had the electric control sorted before I fitted it to the vehicle, BUT, when I tested the lock up on the bench it locked no problem but on the vehicle with weight on the wheels I found that after turning prop for approx half a turn the clutch then slipped. my understanding is that the lift pump is running and primes the sysytem, that is OK, then the clutch input side turns at different rate of speed from its out put, this then starts internal lock up of clutch,(this is the partial lock up I exsperianced and thought was total lock up when I bench tested it)then a pressure regulator adjusts operating pressure internally via a small stepper motor controlled via haldex controller that has a signal from ABS controller and wheel speed sensors.This stepper motor is what I need to control. I hope this makes some sense to you. Thanks for asking. Bill.