PDA

View Full Version : A2 wiring loom questions - Professional advice needed

Sarge786
21-09-2007, 10:35 AM
Hi All,
PLEASE can you tell me with all your experience, IF the MAIN wiring loom/harness on the inside of the 1.4iSE AND the 1.6 FSI petrol models is the same??

PLEASE can you let me know ASAP as I have the possibility for the availability for a 1.6 FSI wiring loom, to fit into my 1.4iSE Petrol, with a fire damaged loom.

THANK YOU

Kind Regards
SARGE

Sam
27-09-2007, 02:25 PM
Bumping this up in the hope that Crasher, or A8 tech spot this.

The OP has a 16v 1.4 A2 with a fire damaged wiring loom.

I believe that the engine is shared across the VAG range but have no idea if the looms change for each model?

Will a loom from another A2 (diesel or otherwise) fit? I appreciate they are different part numbers etc, but are the basics the same?

I'll get the OP to add more info on the exact loom that is needed.

Sarge786
27-09-2007, 02:51 PM
My car with the damaged Main Wiring Harness/Loom (situated inside the car running up under and across the dashboard, then down sides) is an A2 X reg 2000 1.4iSE Petrol model. Chassis number is WAUZZZ8ZZXXXXXXX.

I have available a loom from :

A water damaged car (wondering if loom will be ok) A2 2002 1.6 FSI Petrol Model. Chassis number ZZZ8ZXXXXXXXX.

A loom available from an 2002 1.4 TDI model as well.

I have already rang all the breakers on the list.

:1zhelp:

Kind Regards
SARGE

:drive: <<< I wanna be able to do this in this car.

a8 tech
27-09-2007, 05:55 PM
FSI is a differant loom for example the injectors and the fuel rail high pressure pump.The loom is also differant to 1.4 golf and polo as the ecu is located under the nsf floor.By chance i actually have a 16 fsi wiring loom in my shed that i use for spares.The loom was replaced for a defective alternator connector and the ring terminal wasent avaliable so the loom was replaced .

Crasher
27-09-2007, 06:00 PM
The interior loom changed each year (but there is only one for each year) and so the one you give the chassis number for is no good as that car is a 2003 chassis, the other you say is a 2002 and yours is a 2001. Didn’t you get the parts sheet I sent you? Mind you, that was targeted directly at your car so would not have shown the harness for other years.

Sarge786
27-09-2007, 08:12 PM
Hi guys THANKS for your attention.

@ a8 tech - I'm not sure but if I wasn't clear, I am sorry, I am in need of the MAIN Wiring Harness\Loom. This is situated inside the car and runs up under the dashboard and down the sides.

I take it the loom you have is from the engine bay.

@ Crasher - Thank You - Yes I got 2 parts only, not 4 as you said my be needed, also yes ur right it was for only my car and not the other one.

Thanks guys.

SARGE

Crasher
27-09-2007, 08:18 PM
Can you PM me your email address again as I cleared my inbox. PM me both chassis numbers again too and then delete them from your post, well at least your car anyway.

Sam
28-09-2007, 07:13 AM
Thanks very much for replying guys.

Good luck Sarge ;)