PDA

View Full Version : '07 Octavia vRS TFSI alarm issue

macmillions
06-09-2014, 01:26 PM
Hi all,
Hopefully someone can help here. My Octavia vRS has developed an issue with the alarm where it will go off randomly for no apparent reason if the car is locked. This applies when the car is locked with one click on the key, or two clicks (double deadlock). Even if I unlock the car, but don't open the door so it automatically locks itself again.

It will go off within 10mins of locking the car. I have emptied the car of everything, ensured all compartments are closed, but to no avail.

Does anyone know what could be causing this? As I'm not comfortable leaving the car unlocked.

Many thanks!

towcestervag
13-09-2014, 12:51 AM
scan car with vcds
check measuring blocks for last alarms in system

rafletcher
18-09-2014, 03:15 PM
I had something similar in my A6 Avant. Not good news though.. according the VCDS scan I had a broken rear quarter window - which I patently did not :-( Guy turned the sensitivity down (which may help you) but it still happened randomly. Only suggestion was to get the window replaced by Audi, as it "could" have been a damaged track on the glass. Or maybe a bad connection somewhere... In the end I left it unlocked with a steering wheel lock on (ork and home parking quite secure), and eventually traded it in. There was no way to disable the alarm.