PDA

View Full Version : petrol T4 electrical problems

manwithtool
20-09-2007, 09:49 PM
Hi,

Wonder if anyone can help. I have bought a non runner T4 with the AAC 2.0 l engine.

I new when I bought it it had problems which I was led to believe were electrical gremlins.

After having a problem getting it to turn over I decide the first thing to do was to remove the CONLOG alarm.....this was a bit more tricky than expected as it had been fitted very professionally makeing removal difficult...Needless to say I have a couple of wires which I'm not too sure about. The alarm seems to have broken into the starter wires ie stopping it from cranking over, and breaking the fuel pump wires....both of these are reconnected....The van now turns over and I can here the fuel pump hum for a couple of seconds....but no sign of a fire.....When the spark plugs are removed I seem to get a couple of weak sparks then nothing.....
Anyone got any ideas ??? I'm really stumped and can't afford to get an auto electrician in....What I need is some info on what voltage I should be expecting at various points...eg hall sender and coil/amplifier (new coil and amplifier).

So anyone in Hemel Hempstead fancy dropping round and letting me measure their bits ??

Or if anyone has any ideas please let me know...

Thanks
Martin

manwithtool
18-10-2007, 09:31 PM
Well.....Thanks for the feedback !!

Anyway, I managed to get a guy in who tracked the fault to a inconsistent 12v feed to the dizzy....three wires pos, neg and signal...the pos wire was ok on ign but wnet weird when cranking...once a fresh feed was linked the van started up fine....runs really nice and went straight thru an MOT...although clutch is knackered and gear linkage worn...Oh well...

Hope that info helps someone....