PDA

View Full Version : power steering fluid very low

danny851
31-08-2014, 05:55 PM
hi,

steering wheel was a bit heavy so checked the power steering fluid and it was very low, after getting the car to 90°c i checked the level which is shown in the picture below

as you can see the level is very low, when the engine was cool there was nothing in the reservoir. i will buy the fluid from audi 2mrw but i dont know were the fluid has gone. the car has done 85000miles do you normally need to full it up?? do i need to be worried?

also recently i had a car accident and the front end of the car was replaced the car radiator fluid was replacement but in terms of fluid replacement that was all, no work was done to the power steering can these be related? the car was fixed by audi approved garage there work is to a very high standard. so i dont think it is related to the accident.

thanks

Doctle Odd
31-08-2014, 06:39 PM
You shouldn't really drive this car until it's been checked out. Put some power steering fluid in and run the engine for ten minutes. Have a look underneath see if any fluid is leaking. Check all pipes as well as the boots on the rack

danny851
31-08-2014, 09:16 PM
thanks for the advice i will get it checked out.

has anybody else had similar problem like this.