PDA

View Full Version : New Member....T4 Transporter Petrol

manwithtool
20-09-2007, 09:39 PM
Hi,
Just popping in to get more info and ideas for my Petrol T4 Transporter.....

Need some info on the AAC engine....any ideas what other vehicles it was fitted to ?
And any info on the electronics....

I'll post more about my problems in the electrical section....if there is such a thing...

Thanks
Martin

RickT
01-10-2007, 11:25 PM
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

RickT

joseph
04-10-2007, 08:48 PM
i've had an 1991 aac t4 for 1 year..
had a missing problem..
sorted by cleaning the throttle body..

manwithtool
04-10-2007, 08:58 PM
Cheers for that advice Joseph. I have now got my van running....well to be honest I know a guy who's an AA patrol guy..he traced my non starting (no spark) to a poor live feed into the dizzy...reads 12v with ignition but then apparently fluctuated and went off when you crank the engine....when you fit a new live feed direct from the battery it fired right up....what a relief !! I only paid £350 for the van....looks like it is going to be a bargain...just hope the MOT doesn't through up too much....I intend to keep the van so whatever needs replacing I'll get the benefit from it.....once it's all MOT'd I plan to fit LPG...and turn itfrom a 23mpg to effectively a 40mpg plus van.....Then a respray, alloys, lowering...and tarting up.....looking forward to most of that !!

Welcome anyones comments on all of the above.....

Just a note it looks like the new T4 Forum is up and running...old one was so slow you couldn't use it.....I'm probably going to post most of my work there...
But I'll no doubt call in this forum as well

Cheers
MArtin