PDA

View Full Version : Audi A4 Quattro Spluttering

AlastairR
20-09-2007, 08:41 PM
Hi All,

I'm new here but hopefully someone can give me some pointers.

Last week I got the dash lighting up with the yellow triangle with the circle round it. I was not too worried as it then disappeared. On a couple of occasions I stalled the car on starting but it eventually fired up.
I then had 4 days away in Dubai. Returned to the car and had more starting problems. After a couple of goes it would start and keep going.
Today I was really low on fuel and filled up. Half an hour later I have the yellow light on again and this time its not going away. The engine seems to be running on low revs and does have power but it seems less than usual. When driving slowly it starts to stutter and I am concerned that it may conk out on me. I cannot get an Audi dealer to look at it before Monday although at £110 as a starter LOOK I would prefer to wait till Tuesday and take it to an independent "Smaller" garage. I put some synyhetic oil in it last week so don't know if that is relevant. I think I used the correct one.

Past history of the car just includes leaks to the anti freeze tank and recently needed to fit a new arial booster as I have not had a radio for 1 year plus. Had a new coil I think about a year ago.

Am I doing any damage driving it till next week? Any ideas what it might be ?

Thanks
Alastair

sorry - just realised I posted in the wrong place -cant see how to delete - can someone move it to the correct forum pls Audi a4 2002 Thanks

Crasher
20-09-2007, 08:55 PM
A fault code read will probably reveal a problem in the ABS system in relation to the ESP/ASR. Any decent garage should be able to do you a code read.