PDA

View Full Version : Radio help Please

master220
29-08-2014, 11:06 AM
I have a 2011 Passat Est, which was orignally fitted with a RCD310, however the original dealer 'Smith Knight Fay' of Stockport have not recorded the radio code in the service book. I have called them and they attach the radio code sticker to the spare wheel rim (strange).
When I bought the car the spare wheel was gone (originally supplied with an alloy wheel spare - So I guess someone has taken it to sell seperatley?).

I have now had a RNS 315 SATNAV system fitted which works find and is great.

However I do not have the code for the original RCD310 DAB radio that the car was supplied with, And I am planning to sell it to help towards the cost of the RNS system.

I have called the original dealer and they say they can get the code, but I will have to re-fit the original RCD radio and then take the car to the dealer.

Obviously having just paid to have the SATNAV system installed I want to avoid this if possible.

Is there any way I can get the radio code for this original RCD310 radio? I have the vehical VIN number WVWZZZ3CZCE070504 and the RCD310 serial number VWZ1Z2L3754961

Really dont want to remove the SatNav and re-install the old radio just to take the car to the dealer.

MDA123
01-09-2014, 11:16 PM
On my Passat and probably yours as well the car will store the code in memory so even if the original radio has been removed it will remember it should you need to re-fit it. Anyway, the original dealer should be able to get you the code without re-fitting it or maybe just want to see it so they know it hasn't been stolen.

Flash2
07-09-2014, 12:19 PM
I have called the original dealer and they say they can get the code, but I will have to re-fit the original RCD radio and then take the car to the dealer.

Your dealer is incorrect. It's been several years (about 10) since VWs have had a radio code sticker, so it wouldn't have been stuck to the spare wheel. They used to have a sticker in the boot with the radio serial No. on it, not the code. Also, they can get you the code without the unit being fitted to the car. All they need is the info you already have, VIN & radio serial No. Perhaps they don't want to give you the code because they can't be sure of the origin of the radio, which is fair enough.

Jim.