PDA

View Full Version : The UNDERCOVER POLICE CAR Directory

Ben
20-09-2007, 08:03 PM
Thought this may be of benefit...

Spotted M42 south between J6 and J5 was a Black Subaru WRX STI Impretza complete with large spoiler, i clocked it straight away.

Very noticable were the 2 'hidden' lights behind the grille.

If you see an undercover police car, let us know where you saw it.

Common things that make a undercover police car stand out are

extra aerials
no GB sticker or europlates
no tow bar
shilloette of object (camera) below interior mirror
two occupants
possible board between rear haedrests and rear window

Please DO NOT post full registration plates of any undercover cars - Forum Staff

cbrpaul
20-09-2007, 08:05 PM
Somerset & Avon ,

BMW tourer 3 series , silver , didnt get the reg , but saw the blue lights flashing behind the grill !!!!

Crasher
20-09-2007, 08:38 PM
It just isn't British fair play is it? Underhand and sneaky, what we need is more patrol cars out there brightly marked and obvious to stop muppets in Corsa’s causing havoc.

CmdrBond
20-09-2007, 09:25 PM
Notts - Volvo V70 "06" plated
Black Honda Accord type R
Skoda Octavia VRS

LIncs - Vectra 3.2 Black "06" plated
BMW 5 series tourer silver
Silver Skoda VRS "51" plated

Could give you the full registration of the Notts Volvo but that would give the game away on the M1

onzarob
24-09-2007, 08:15 PM
Common things that make a undercover police car stand out are

extra aerials
no GB sticker or europlates
no tow bar
shilloette of object (camera) below interior mirror
two occupants
possible board between rear haedrests and rear window
And another thing, 2 blue flashing lights in the grill and a sign telling you to pull over....whoops to late;):aargh4:

Huweth
24-09-2007, 08:47 PM
Black Volvo c70 on the A38 at Ashburton, Devon. Only giveaways I saw was the extra wingmirrors and two guys in the front wearing black jackets over their uniforms. I smiled politely at them as I passed, and they cheerfully smiled back...

debbie4979
24-09-2007, 09:44 PM
Lincoln-Maroon BMW Estate.

You can see the lights in the front grills and cameras in the back and you can normally see the drivers police radio ariels

hagis
25-09-2007, 07:52 AM
Two unusual ones I've seen:
M6 (just where the M5 north bound joins) a 7 Series BMW! I thought a 5 series would have been good enough!

Just off the M6 / M62 interchange a couple of years ago, I was on my way home from work and one of the roads was closed due to an incident (I never saw it mentioned in the news though). I saw a\ Vauxhall Cavalier Estate that must have been about a D-reg! It had flashing lights and the lot.

cbrpaul
25-09-2007, 08:13 AM
Just off the M6 / M62 interchange a couple of years ago, I was on my way home from work and one of the roads was closed due to an incident (I never saw it mentioned in the news though). I saw a\ Vauxhall Cavalier Estate that must have been about a D-reg! It had flashing lights and the lot.

a m8 got pulled on his Sp1 ( 1000cc bike) by an old vectra , wheel trims missing , rusting paint work, dented the lot , he couldnt beleive it , got pulled doing well over 100mph at 2am as he was getting a ferry to Ireland !!!

He thought it was prision time and said he almost poo,ed his pants , the copper got out , saw how shocked he was , and said ,

" nice bike , but keep it down abit "

He also said , dont always expect us to be in a nice shiny car either :aargh4:

Apparently there was something special under the bonnet , cause my m8 said it was sticking with him , from a distance !!!

So be careful , they are out there !!!

bora(ing) nick
25-09-2007, 08:29 AM
Theres 2 different Volvo c70's i've seen on the M56, a royal blue one and a silver one.

And also round the airport and mancunian way i've spotted a sooby (in blue) and a silver BMW 5 series.

Oh, and Trafford police have an A3! (in charcoal grey IIRC)

It's just sneaky.

Nick

MalcQV
25-09-2007, 12:21 PM
Couple of weeks ago there was an Orange S3 behind me who flashed what I think were blue lights behind the grill, though maybe they were blue tinted white??? Anyway I got out of his way prompt and so did a few others. If it is just someone with strobe lights behind the grill, then it worked :D

This was on the M60 a/c near Simister island.

beastgtir
28-09-2007, 04:22 PM
Have seen the Black subaru, its a 4 door think on 06 reg, Very sneaky!

mk3 tdi
28-09-2007, 11:25 PM
leeds - pudsey - bradford

white unmarked vectra estate - lots of ariels on top - i see it every morning on my way to work on the a650 - always has someone pulled over

silver v70 estate

navy blue v70 estate

Ben
29-09-2007, 06:18 PM
Today i saw a blue st220 styled Ford Mondeo saloon in coventry.

onzarob
29-09-2007, 07:56 PM
Today i saw a blue st220 styled Ford Mondeo saloon in coventry.

there is silver one in Cornwall, came thundering up behind me with the lights blaring then over took...phew!!;)

bennyboygc07
02-10-2007, 11:14 PM

Leonfan
03-10-2007, 02:53 PM
Spotted frequently on the M27 and A3(M) in Hampshire - a black Skoda Octavia with reg plate sarting MX05. This car looks quite inoccuous until its front and rear discreetly mounted blue strobe lights come on!

giuseppe
03-10-2007, 08:37 PM
For up in the Lothians:
There is a brand new white Mercedes which ive seen a few times. Always two policemen inside it, three ariels on the roof and and deffintaly a dark shilloette on the dash board which ive been told is a very powerful camera lol. sneeky.
Also seen white peugeot 307 with ****** ripspeed alloys pull over a corsa b in town centre, was passing just as the policeman was gettin out of the vehicle.

airevalley
03-10-2007, 09:09 PM
SKIPTON , NORTH YORKSHIRE .

TRAFFIC COPS JUST TAKEN DELIVERY OF A GREY MK 5 GOLF GT TDi
UNMARKED EXCEPT THE EXTRA AERIALS

:aargh4::aargh4::aargh4::aargh4::aargh4::aargh4::a argh4::aargh4::aargh4:

RickT
04-10-2007, 12:38 AM
SKIPTON , NORTH YORKSHIRE .

TRAFFIC COPS JUST TAKEN DELIVERY OF A GREY MK 5 GOLF GT TDi
UNMARKED EXCEPT THE EXTRA AERIALS

:aargh4::aargh4::aargh4::aargh4::aargh4::aargh4::a argh4::aargh4::aargh4:

intresting.... going for the common colour to increase there hiding factor..

Rick

craig2210
13-10-2007, 08:53 AM
Hi guys. For anyone in the Crawley, Surrey area I saw..... wait for it...... a lotus ELISE police car last night pulling some one over. Now this car was undercover too but had the obvious thousand areials on the roof making it look like a R/C Car. SO be warned! I don't think many could out run that!

Seat til I die
27-11-2007, 03:23 PM
Birmingham (south birmingham)

Dark navy blue non-metallic CITROEN XSARA PICASSO with a tow bar.

Spotted near A38 south, near to M5/M42 island. Jus keep an eye out.

k9max
27-11-2007, 07:39 PM
Spotted the old bill in a black Evo in town awhile back (southcoast), the car was unmarked but they were wearing stabvests....just a bit of a giveaway!

Also they drive about in a marked Lotus Elise, blues, the lot.
I remember the days when they used to drive Hillman Avengers (or Talbot as it was), and later it was Austin Metros and Montegos!!! How times have changed....must be getting old......:(

bora(ing) nick
03-12-2007, 06:41 PM
News just in....

A royal blue reanult Clio sport 2.0L in the Manchester (trafford park/stretford area)

He pulled up next to me at the lights on Chester Rd n'r Old Trafford... revved the engine, and me being a fool went for it.....(only up to the speed limit)

Pulled up at the next set of lights and he did the same thing again.... this time i didn't, and just pulled away normally.

He pulled over for a minute and let me passed, then he put the lights on in the front grille :(

He just said, it wasn't clever, to which i agreed, and don't be goaded into a race, so i was let of with a warning.

As i returned to my car he said... "nice car..... i've just bought 1 for the missus" :D

So, i've still got a clean licience after 3 1/2 years of driving *touches wood*

Nick

MalcQV
03-12-2007, 10:39 PM
News just in....

A royal blue reanult Clio sport 2.0L in the Manchester (trafford park/stretford area)

He pulled up next to me at the lights on Chester Rd n'r Old Trafford... revved the engine, and me being a fool went for it.....(only up to the speed limit)

Pulled up at the next set of lights and he did the same thing again.... this time i didn't, and just pulled away normally.

He pulled over for a minute and let me passed, then he put the lights on in the front grille :(

He just said, it wasn't clever, to which i agreed, and don't be goaded into a race, so i was let of with a warning.

As i returned to my car he said... "nice car..... i've just bought 1 for the missus" :D

Nick
Bang out of order. I cannot believe that they are allowed to get away with it. I know the police do this for other types of crime and I still think this too is out of order :zx11:

onzarob
03-12-2007, 11:01 PM
News just in....

Nick

He only warned you as this could be called 'entrapment' you are not allowed to lead someone into crime so you can arrest them;)

MalcQV
03-12-2007, 11:13 PM
He only warned you as this could be called 'entrapment' you are not allowed to lead someone into crime so you can arrest them;)

I guess it could end up being your word against theirs though?

onzarob
03-12-2007, 11:26 PM
I guess it could end up being your word against theirs though?

Yep...you lose:zx11:

gramey
04-12-2007, 12:15 AM
:confused:Not sure why everybody thinks all unmarked cars will look like a hedgehog? Unmarked cars round here, Suffolk, only have one external aerial which looks like a mobile phone one.
ST220's - 54 plate silver one, two 55 plate ones, flint grey & black, silver Skoda Octavia VRS estate on an 06 plate:D

bora(ing) nick
04-12-2007, 10:13 AM
Bang out of order. I cannot believe that they are allowed to get away with it. I know the police do this for other types of crime and I still think this too is out of order :zx11:

TBH, the officer was ok... he wasn't your typical plod, and it was more of a chat than a telling off.

Thanks Rob, As i said, i think he just wanted a chat :D.

Yep...you lose:zx11:

When its your word against theirs, we lose every time! :(

Slightly of topic but.....

I was in Manchester on a night out about 3 weeks ago, Walked out of this club at home time, with half a plastic bottle of Bud'.....

Next thing i know, somebody behind me grabs my arm and says "let go or i'll break your wrist!"

Firstly, i didn't have a clue who it was but let go of the bottle anyhow.... and when i did turn around he slammed me against the wall.... Next thing you know 5 of them pull up and i said theres no need for that kind of language.... to which he said "swear again and you'll be in the back of the van!". I hadn't swore!:zx11:

Anyway, a quick 15 min check to see if i was a wanted man, and i was on my way. Couldn't believe his attitude though. "i'll break your wrist"!

Nick

MalcQV
04-12-2007, 01:28 PM
^Remind me to stay out of Manchester city centre^

Ben
04-12-2007, 04:58 PM
TBH, the officer was ok... he wasn't your typical plod, and it was more of a chat than a telling off.

Thanks Rob, As i said, i think he just wanted a chat :D.

When its your word against theirs, we lose every time! :(

Slightly of topic but.....

I was in Manchester on a night out about 3 weeks ago, Walked out of this club at home time, with half a plastic bottle of Bud'.....

Next thing i know, somebody behind me grabs my arm and says "let go or i'll break your wrist!"

Firstly, i didn't have a clue who it was but let go of the bottle anyhow.... and when i did turn around he slammed me against the wall.... Next thing you know 5 of them pull up and i said theres no need for that kind of language.... to which he said "swear again and you'll be in the back of the van!". I hadn't swore!:zx11:

Anyway, a quick 15 min check to see if i was a wanted man, and i was on my way. Couldn't believe his attitude though. "i'll break your wrist"!

Nick

Were you dressed like a chav, smart casual or did you look like you had swiped something?:D

bora(ing) nick
04-12-2007, 05:01 PM
Were you dressed like a chav, smart casual or did you look like you had swiped something?:D

V.smart casual.... I was out to impress and had my "pulling pants" on ;) :D

lol

Nick

Ben
04-12-2007, 05:06 PM
V.smart casual.... I was out to impress and had my "pulling pants" on ;) :D

lol

Nick

You should let A8 tech know then as he is looking for some dress sense and doesn't know what smart casual is. :D

Desertfish
01-01-2008, 07:50 PM
Frequently spotted on the M3 between J1 anJ4a: Black 54-Reg Audi A4 Saloon. Had an extra arial on the top and the lightbox in the rear window was clearly visible.

rwswll
03-01-2008, 11:16 PM
a m8 got pulled on his Sp1 ( 1000cc bike) by an old vectra , wheel trims missing , rusting paint work, dented the lot , he couldnt beleive it , got pulled doing well over 100mph at 2am as he was getting a ferry to Ireland !!!

He thought it was prision time and said he almost poo,ed his pants , the copper got out , saw how shocked he was , and said ,

" nice bike , but keep it down abit "

He also said , dont always expect us to be in a nice shiny car either :aargh4:

Apparently there was something special under the bonnet , cause my m8 said it was sticking with him , from a distance !!!

So be careful , they are out there !!!

Unmarked police cars arnt allowed to pull you over, thats why they didnt give him a ticket. - they need to radio a marked car to prosicute

onzarob
03-01-2008, 11:20 PM
Unmarked police cars arnt allowed to pull you over, thats why they didnt give him a ticket. - they need to radio a marked car to prosicute

are you sure, as long as it got a calibrated speedo, then your in for it? Its not entrapment, this means any unmarked car cannot do anything, so why have them?

hagis
04-01-2008, 12:51 AM
Why would it being marked or not make a difference? As long as the drive can identify that they're a police officer trying to pull you over then they can do it in what ever they're driving.

Panda cars generally can't stop people for speeding as they don't have all the traffic kit (calibrated speedo, as Onzarob says) in them.

jack71
04-01-2008, 03:57 AM
You should let A8 tech know then as he is looking for some dress sense and doesn't know what smart casual is. :D
he never did show us the pics of him in his smart casual gear,afer all the time and effort we all put in to make him look"smart"(and casual):biglaugh:

jack71
04-01-2008, 04:01 AM
[quote=hagis;110657]Why would it being marked or not make a difference? As long as the drive can identify that they're a police officer trying to pull you over then they can do it in what ever they're driving.

Panda cars generally can't stop people for speeding as they don't have all the traffic kit (calibrated speedo, as Onzarob says) in them.[/quote

and usually because here,they have the car hidden down a lane or behind a hedge,and the guy with the speedgun is hid behind a tree like a sniper!!!!:aargh4:

bora(ing) nick
04-01-2008, 06:52 PM
Grey Honda Accord seen with flashing lights on heading West on the M56 . It may have just come off of the M6.

Their getting sneakier!

Nick

sayloday
16-01-2008, 11:30 PM
Saw an unmarked Silver Citroen C4 in Manchester City Centre today, it didn't have any external ariels which I could see, just the flashing blues in the front grille. Don't think he knew his way around the city, as he passed me twice even though I was stuck in traffic. His short cut became a long cut...

passat>sport
16-01-2008, 11:44 PM
leeds - pudsey - bradford

navy blue v70 estate

This is the car they use round batley,birstall area (west yorkshire) And he is a right mean faced old $$$$$.

sayloday
17-01-2008, 01:02 AM
Sounds about right

A62.5TDIV6
17-01-2008, 07:19 PM
M27 (Hampshire)

Sliver Subaru Impreza with big spoiler (sticks out a mile), Dark Blue Passat with older number plates (P reg I think), Marked up patrol car always parked on the bridge above Junction 2......

A31 Dorset

Unmarked Silver 5 series always buzzing around pulling commercials and wideboys in Corsa's......

Lots of marked cars also near Ferndown (thats where Dorset Police HQ is)

(From a White Van Man):biglaugh:

A3.20vt
17-01-2008, 11:40 PM
M3:
Dark green old shape Scooby
Dark blue Volvo T5 estate
Black & silver old shape octavia + silver new shape octavia

M4:
Blue vectra

Get this, I was crusing up the M6 and got pushed aside by an under cover RS6! ! ! ! Luckily he had more pressing issues to deal with though. And on the way back (still M6) noticed a red astra vxr with a coppa behind the wheel. Not sure if he was just on his way home or what but still disconcerting to say the lest.

Just as a general rule I think we should all make a point of absolutely ragging it past the “highway patrol” as they are just jumped up pricks who have absolutely no power what so ever…

Nick_MK4
18-01-2008, 02:31 PM
Somerset on M5 - Seen it a few times

Silver 07 plate BMW 5 series estate

It has a noticeable sensor where the spoiler should be, small little box on the roof, I believe this checks your tax..

NOT FAIR PLAY. Seen him provoke someone in outside lane then pull them over

Somerset - Weston-Super-Mare

BMW X5 56 Plate Black

Ben
18-01-2008, 05:02 PM
spotted today silver 5 series BMW saloon LS07 going up and down the M6 between J4 and J3

loki
29-04-2008, 10:49 PM
Couldn't believe what undercover cop car I saw pulling someone over the other day - a top of the range, split new black A6.

No noticeable aerials or markings, but I have to admit it looked so cool when the blue lights appeared out of nowhere. Traffic cops get some damn nice cars!

EDIT: Yep I guess I should add that this was just past the New Royal Infirmiary in Edinbugh!

Emily's dad
30-04-2008, 07:26 AM

Nonsense.
A police officer has to be in uniform to prosecute you for a motoring ofence, makes no odds about the car.

As for the other comments about calibrated speedos that too is incorrect. A police officer can give expert opinion about speeding if it is backed up by another means. That means two officers can both give expert opinion, one backing up the other, doesn't matter if they are in a 150mph traffic car or the slowest panda.

audipersempre
30-04-2008, 12:53 PM
How does that work then?

If someone is stopped doing what appears to be 101mph on the motorway but the Police car does not have a calibrated speedometer or other speed reading equipment what happens.

In their expert opinion I am sure they can confirm the driver was doing more than 70mph but could they conclusively say the driver was exceeding 100mph?

hongkongstuey
30-04-2008, 08:01 PM
Telford Area Black Skoda Octavia Estate
Teord Area Blue/Grey Volvo V70 (AK07 - - -)
Staffordshire / Newport Area Silver Vauxhall Vectra Grill lights very noticeable

i can second those, use the a442 every day and that goes under m54 donnington to ironbridge road, always corsas pulled over :beerchug:

andy8442
01-05-2008, 11:47 AM
York A64-Dark Blue VW Carravelle!

Just not cricket!

Emily's dad
01-05-2008, 07:22 PM
How does that work then?

If someone is stopped doing what appears to be 101mph on the motorway but the Police car does not have a calibrated speedometer or other speed reading equipment what happens.

In their expert opinion I am sure they can confirm the driver was doing more than 70mph but could they conclusively say the driver was exceeding 100mph?

No you're right they cannot conclusively say that some one was doing 101mph, but they can say that in their opinion the car was travelling in excess of 100mph, 110 mph, 130 mph etc etc.

It's something every motorist does everyday. Just think back to the last time you were on a motorway or A road and something goes flying past you. You immedialetly think, he must be doing at least 90... 100... 120 or whatever it may be, you don't think, I bet he's doing 89mph or 91 mph even if he was.
Similarly when waiting to pull out of a junction you will automatically estimate the speed and distance of an approaching car so you can decide whether to pull out safely.

It is the same for us, and when it ends up in court we will be questioned by the motorist/defence lawyer/magistrate how we formed that opinion. They will ask all sorts of questions about our driving experience, level of training, how regularly we drive in excess of the speed limits and other factors that lead us to the conclusion the other car was travelling at the speed we have given our opinion of.

It is then up to the magistrate to weigh up our evidence and the account given by the driver accused, some we win and some we lose.

It is a rarely used method of speed enforcement as I cannot remeber the last time I drove a police car or rode a police bike that didn't have a calibrated speedo but it does address a comment made earlier that a police car has to have a calibrated speedo.
All traffic cars also have a second method of measuring speed which is calibrated weekly. If you watch Police camera action type programmes and you see the video footage it has a speed displayed in the corner of the screen. This is separate from the cars speedo.

Finally we currently use umarked BMW's and still have a couple of Omegas.

markbob917
01-05-2008, 07:52 PM
around north wales wrexham area
dark green wrx impreza
black bmw 3 series tourer

Brandenburger
01-05-2008, 08:41 PM
Do you think all the undercover police cars are genuine?

Its amazing what some people will do for kicks.

bora(ing) nick
01-05-2008, 09:07 PM
mine kinda looks like an undercover police car......
i think...

With the extra aerial on the front. I'll post some pics but most of you have already seen it...

Crasher
02-05-2008, 10:37 AM
I am sure people often think my Octavia is an unmarked car, I get people crawling up along side me, looking in through the window and then driving off. It is a black VRS estate with blacked out side windows.

lone wolf
02-05-2008, 09:47 PM
hi in hull i have seen near the court lands police training centre 3 skoda octiva vrs in silver unmarked. a couple of scoobies in black these have six cameras in them and face any direction. and the bmw 330 dog car!

craig8661
02-05-2008, 10:27 PM
belfast would you belive it a silver ford fiesta and ive seen a silver vectra then a blue omega i think
def all 3 unmarked cars with blue lights fiesta had pulled and copper out of car and saw copper getting out of the omega after pulling a corsa boy racer

paul b
02-05-2008, 10:46 PM
I am sure people often think my Octavia is an unmarked car, I get people crawling up along side me, looking in through the window and then driving off. It is a black VRS estate with blacked out side windows.
Maybe they just like the car?
After all, it is a VRS :D

Paul

Marv 1.8T
02-05-2008, 10:48 PM
Black Audi A3 53 plate in north manchester

they pulled me over a few weeks ago. i had no idea they even had Audi's
it looked standard but not sure if it was... :)

Crasher
02-05-2008, 10:56 PM
Maybe they just like the car?

Maybe its me! Mind you the bloke that clocked me the other day wasn't my type!:bigeyes:

paul b
02-05-2008, 11:02 PM
Maybe its me! Mind you the bloke that clocked me the other day wasn't my type!:bigeyes:
definate :yikes:

greenlfting
04-05-2008, 11:05 AM
Here in Hampshire the undercover car of choice is the Skoda Octiva Vr6
As far as i am aware they run at least 3 of them.
1 x black, 1 x silver 1 x blue.
From a distance they all look standard apart from the extra aireals on the roof.
When up close you will see the message board on the parcel shelf, if really unlucky the blue strobes are in the grill.
Most of the time they are up & down the M27, also in Portsmouth & Southampton

Ricardo331
04-05-2008, 11:24 AM
After reading all these post i think Unmarked police cars can be anything.

The main most common ones are Subaru and Volvo estate classes.

And a story for you,

Ive been pulled over for doing 97mph on the motorway by an unmarked volvo, all he said was

"What will you gain by doing 97mph?"

He let me off completely and said, "well i've got something else to attend to, wen we set off, set off quickly in the hard shoulder, don't just pull out"

lol, i set off behind him, he was doing 80mph on hard shoulder before he pulled off.

Murphy
05-05-2008, 07:41 PM
Damn! I feel sorry for the lot of you over there!

Here in the US, there are only two cars they usually use for police use, and both stand out like a queer in a brothel!

The big, clumsy Ford Crown Victoria with it's rear wheel drive muddles along, but no doubt my 98 Jetta would eat it in one bite and be off, more so if there any snow or ice, then they may as well stay home.

We've also the Chevrolet Impala, front wheel drive and a V-6 engine,but with a slushbox doing the shifting, it's not a fair match either.

Problem's not outrunning a car, it's the bloody police radio that gets you!

Golf tdi Hal
18-06-2008, 09:53 PM
Good point, what do you do if a high powered 'unmarked car' appears behind you and starts flashing it's lights? If its genuine and you take off and try and lose it, you lose your licence too !
I don't think the magistrate would believe the line "I thought it was boy racers with a tarted up car".
Anybody got the answer ?

B6Andy101
18-06-2008, 10:06 PM
Its not unmarked but it's scary...

http://allworldcars.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/lotus-exige-police-car.jpg

Cal_Bora_HLine
18-06-2008, 10:45 PM
North Wales . ... Rhyl Area...

MOST COMMON is the :

Vauxhall Astra (new shape) 2005 model ;) reg sumthin like... ***5EDR

Volvo Estate, silver 57 plate
omega estate!! :O white
Ford Mondeo Burgandy 52 reg
Ford Galaxy's .. there is 2. a burgandy and a dark blue 1. both 2.8 v6!!!
focus.. (blue / silver new shape 06 reg)

list goes on...

BEWARE OF ARRIVE ALIVE!!! (tranny vans wiv cameras)

Northwales for ya ... lol

onzarob
19-06-2008, 06:28 AM
North Wales . ... Rhyl Area...

MOST COMMON is the :

Vauxhall Astra (new shape) 2005 model ;) reg sumthin like... ***5EDR

Volvo Estate, silver 57 plate
omega estate!! :O white
Ford Mondeo Burgandy 52 reg
Ford Galaxy's .. there is 2. a burgandy and a dark blue 1. both 2.8 v6!!!
focus.. (blue / silver new shape 06 reg)

list goes on...

BEWARE OF ARRIVE ALIVE!!! (tranny vans wiv cameras)

Northwales for ya ... lol

You forgot blue/white/yellow focus ;p oh that's a marked one :D

onzarob
19-06-2008, 06:36 AM
Good point, what do you do if a high powered 'unmarked car' appears behind you and starts flashing it's lights? If its genuine and you take off and try and lose it, you lose your licence too !
I don't think the magistrate would believe the line "I thought it was boy racers with a tarted up car".
Anybody got the answer ?

I don't remember reading in the highway code that you should race 'tarted up' cars......guilty as charged :aargh4:

MalcQV
19-06-2008, 09:09 AM
Anybody got the answer ?

I know it is difficult when you are young, so you probably won't appreciate this.
You pull over and let them pass;)

Happened to me a few years back on the M606 into Bradford. I was in a "fast(ish) car" and an X5 pulled right up my chuff. I pulled into lane 2 and as they went passed they were pi$$ing themselves laughing at passing me, two chaps having a laugh at my expense. Don't give a to$$ would do it again next time.

onzarob
19-06-2008, 11:04 AM
I'm with you Malcqv, my post above makes me sound like I race, I don't, well not since My Mini Copper S days and that was just to get away from the MK2 Escorts:biglaugh:

MalcQV
19-06-2008, 11:37 AM
Actually Rob I read it such that I was agreeing with you. The "Guilty as charged" I read as the "Perpetrator" and not yourself :p

Anyway trust me I am way off the perfect mark.

Murphy
19-06-2008, 01:39 PM
Anybody got the answer ?

We went through that problem here, and the local television stations put on a news spot telling you if you have any doubts, pull over and call the police on your cell phone to verify that it is a unmarked behind you, or ask the officer to send a marked squad for an assist as such.

Never worried about outrunning one of the police cars here; don't have to.

My Jetta is 25cm NARROWER than the squads here, drive between two cemented posts, and leave the P.C. to explain THAT to his sergeant!:D

Allen

gttdi1985
03-05-2009, 06:28 PM
A9 Perth north to Inverness and surrounding areas, the obviou camera vans ans BMW X5's, undercover Saab Estates and Ford Focus estates. been in the back of the x5 once, non point related offence lol, exhaust was too loud lol

hongkongstuey
03-05-2009, 06:40 PM
saw one in stafford yesterday, small magnetic blue light on roof, brand new shape civic type-r, no doubt it wasnt real as he was turning onto road that police headquarters traffic place is. not the usual silver civic colour, dark grey, kinda gunmetal.

Golf tdi Hal
03-05-2009, 08:05 PM
Have to say from experience marked/unmarked police cars should never tailgate you or drive up your @rse, they usually leave a decent gap, more than the average boy-racer does.

A few days ago I was in contra-flow and a marked car with blue lights flashing came up behind me and flashed me, I wondered what he wanted me to do in a 50mph area, but I put my foot down until I was well into the 80's until we were out of the contra-flow and I could pull over, he thanked me as he passed, and I later saw them sorting a nasty RTA a few miles further on.

I wonder if i went past a camera.......:aargh4:

JIGGY C
03-05-2009, 09:07 PM
Nottingham (City) - Black "new" Audi A3 3dr and a Silver Mondeo Estate (56')

onemanparty
04-05-2009, 09:05 AM
Nottingham (City) - Black "new" Audi A3 3dr and a Silver Mondeo Estate (56')

VW R32 (Silver) 08 Plate on M6 Jct 4 to Jct 1 the M1

tlionhart
04-05-2009, 01:08 PM
jaguar (prob 2001?) old looking, but unmarked! Saw it in Surrey nr jnc 9 on the M25.
Pulled someone over.

Blue looking ford focus? Saw it near clacket lane services (m25) so could be kents or surrey.

This one i see a lot! Icey blue looking lexus always patrolling from Sevenoakes to Dartford. (mostly near dartford)

Speaking of Dartford, i remember queuing for the tolls (m25 dartford crossing) and a volvo (dunno which one) and a black audi a4 avant came down. Both at the same time. Possibly met or belongs to a special branch (like drugs or something)

I live right next to the m25 and see a lot of unmarked police cars come down. I always got an assumption that your counties force patrols that section? But as the M25 itself really belongs to met (whole orbital) most the home counties patrol it (like essex, herts, surrey, kent). But so can the met. The met generate the speeding tickets for the m25 (from those overhead gantries)

Unless the unmarked cars I see belong to a special division or some prat investing in strobe lights and siren.

hagis
05-05-2009, 01:07 PM
Silver BMW 5-series estate on the M6 in Gloucester. Had pulled over a Megane that had previous overtook me at about 110.

Simon Singh
05-05-2009, 02:36 PM
Walsall (M6 J7);
Silver BMW 3 Series - 58 Plate
Black BMW 3 Series - 58 Plate
Silver Corsa 1.4 - 58 Plate
Silver/Grey A6 - 58 Plate

Birmingham City Centre
Burgandy 3 Series - 58 Plate

All very undercover and not noticable at all! No extra aerials or mirrors, no camera under the rearview mirror (must of moved it!), no partition between back and front seats. All lights are discreet and flushed with the bumper mouldings (also smoked and matte black so no way of telling them apart at all).

paul b
12-08-2009, 12:44 PM
I saw a black 57 reg Audi A8 L undercover Police car on the A34 (just off the M60) yesterday morning.

Was quite surprising, all black... then I heard a siren and saw blue flashing lights from behind the grille.

It was going at some speed too.

pon
12-08-2009, 10:29 PM
Light metallic blue 06 Volvo S40 no markings or tell tale signs on junction 5 of the M20. Apparently there is also a dark blue S40 well.

omegadirective
19-08-2009, 12:27 PM
Have to say from experience marked/unmarked police cars should never tailgate you or drive up your @rse, they usually leave a decent gap, more than the average boy-racer does.

A few days ago I was in contra-flow and a marked car with blue lights flashing came up behind me and flashed me, I wondered what he wanted me to do in a 50mph area, but I put my foot down until I was well into the 80's until we were out of the contra-flow and I could pull over, he thanked me as he passed, and I later saw them sorting a nasty RTA a few miles further on.

I wonder if i went past a camera.......:aargh4:

Police nearly always leave a decent gap so you can't see clearly into the cabin. :) Going to be pretty easy to see them if they didn't! If you're paying attention...

If you got caught then you'd just have to explain the situation and hope they're lenient. As far as I know you as the civilian driver are not supposed to do anything apart from let them pass. It is up to the emergency services to find a way around you safely. As long as you aren't deliberately blocking them...

I have the horrible feeling I might have been caught by a camera van yesterday. I got fuel and was heading home and I was going up the road at what my needle indicated 28/29 and then the needle suddenly jumped to 33/34, same as the rev needle would do on a rough idle. :( More problems... Hope it's just my needle playing up and I was actually on the safe side of the speed limit. :mad: More repair costs on the way though. :(

macmillions
19-08-2009, 06:42 PM
33/34mph should be fine. I've heard (from a reliable source...) that the cushion is 5% + 2mph above the speed limit.

Also speedo's over-compensate slightly. So hopefully you'll be ok...

Daz-1982
19-08-2009, 07:08 PM
A19 stockton on tees and surrounding area's

Black Focus ST 57 plate
Silver Focus ST 56 plate
Black civic Type R 06 plate
Subaru WRX blue not sure of year
Blue Audi RS6 estate

All vehicles have extra arials cameras next to the rear view mirror and lights in the front grill most of them have only 1 occupent :D

onzarob
19-08-2009, 07:51 PM
33/34mph should be fine. I've heard (from a reliable source...) that the cushion is 5% + 2mph above the speed limit.

Also speedo's over-compensate slightly. So hopefully you'll be ok...

10% is always been the rule so 33, 44, 77...but if your speedo is out its not a valid argument. Best to do what it says on the dial :D

Crasher
19-08-2009, 09:46 PM
I went into a scamera van trap (exiting a Specs camera controlled 40 zone) and as I clocked the van I looked at my speedo. It said dead on 35. I duly received a ticket for doing 37. I then checked my speedo on VAG-COM, Garmin Nuvi 360 GPS and with a stop watch against marker posts. I worked out that at an indicated 35 I was actually doing 33. The camera vans lie, plain and simple-a screw to get into your pocket. You have to have more guts, money and time than me to fight it-It is one big government sponsored shafting!

nc7503
19-08-2009, 10:56 PM
ford focus st 3, black 07 plate birmingham always around m42 dunton island. the two that were in looked like the mitchell brothers oh and trust me on this nearly all there non standard cars focus st's, volvo's bmw's are chipped.

towcestervag
24-08-2009, 11:08 AM
i would suggest keeping an eye out for unmarked police bikes as well
Northampton run a Yamaha R1 in black small lights behind fairing
TOTALLY UNFAIR

omegadirective
24-08-2009, 01:01 PM
I've heard the allowance is 10%+2mph, so 30mph zone is 35, 40mph zone is 46mph, etc.

My speedo does lie though. It's varied quite significantly from my Sat Nav and Road Angel in the last couple of weeks. 1mph at around 20-25 upto 5mph at the legal road limit... It seems to have settled again but I'm actually now wondering if a possible exhaust manifold problem could cause mini power surges when it hits the turbo band? I was in 3rd gear going uphill so well within the turbo band when the needle jumped.

I hope it doesn't show me going too fast as I'm always a careful driver. Always keep within the speed limit, or never very far over on the motorways.

Crasher
24-08-2009, 01:12 PM
It is, that is why they said I was doing 36 when I know I was doing 35, it makes them more money that way.

slimbaldy
24-08-2009, 04:44 PM
Aire Valley Bypass around Keighley and Bingley area,
1 white and 1 blue Vauxhall Vectra Turbos, usuall kit on ariels etc....
Slow down in the 50 limit on the bypass as they are reguarly waiting for you!

And when will the police and goverment realise it's bad driving that causes accidents not just speeding. Yes on some roads and situations you should go slow, but in others whats the harm in doing 70/80 mph on a clearway with no junctions etc in a well maintained car......Or 100 mph on a motorway in the middle of the night!

ScouseNinja
24-08-2009, 10:05 PM
A few years back now but , Two chuffin big hard lookin fellas in a plain ford fiesta pop tryed to pull me over at 18 years old in my we 1.4 corsa , any how seeing as these two great big mofo's looked rather angry and large lol i decided there was no bloody way i was stopping and stood on the gas leaving the little ford for dust. About two miles down the road there was a marked T5 parked by the side of the road with all its lights going , I quickly pulled up behind them to say "oi two nutters are chasing me and trying to kill me" only for them to jump out of their car withing a second of me stopping , I then found myself lying facedown on the road with my hands cuffed. The fiesta then turns up and turns out to be two coppers in disguise who wanted a word because I jad apparently been seen speeding , only for me to speed off at warp 3. The traffic sergant wanted me taken in but mr CID pulled rank and gave me a producer :)

There is also an unmarked range rover knocking round widnes/runcorn which is completly unrecognisable as a P.C apart from the sted eater behind the wheel with his stabvest and radio gear on show. I saw him sit in the righthand lane at 60 with an empty lefthand lane next to him while some guy waited to get past , after a mile or so he's still sat there and the guy behind gets bored waiting and goes for it on the left , bingo pc plod gets his mark and pulls the poor doode over , now i know you dont overtake on the left but bloody hell the copper goaded him into it.

a8 tech
24-08-2009, 10:12 PM
I believe Merseyside speed cameras are set to 10 mph tolerance and Cheshire are set to 5 mph before you get the flash and Cheshire police are using a black 5 series estate

clive30v
29-08-2009, 01:04 AM
A3/M3 pompey area Skoda octavia rs on a 07 plate in silver. Also a black one aswell.

pon
29-08-2009, 01:06 PM
I have the Corsa too and love it, my brother got his used from craigslist but I wanted a valid warranty so I got it here. Corsa Exhaust 14255 (http://allexhaust.com/product.php?productid=1052?odj), or you can try one of the sponsors here on the forum, they are allways having sales/specials. Either way its a great exhaust system, sounds great, and very easy to install.

:confused::confused:

MalcQV
29-08-2009, 04:10 PM
I have the Corsa too and love it, my brother got his used from craigslist but I wanted a valid warranty so I got it here. Corsa Exhaust 14255 (http://allexhaust.com/product.php?productid=1052?odj), or you can try one of the sponsors here on the forum, they are always having sales/specials. Either way its a great exhaust system, sounds great, and very easy to install.
The police use Corsas with a sports exhaust :yikes: :p

paul b
30-08-2009, 10:48 PM
:confused::confused:
Severe case of wrong forum, I think.

Either that, or another nomination for the male chicken thread.

pon
31-08-2009, 09:41 AM
Severe case of wrong forum, I think.

Somewhere on a Corsa forum in an exhaust thread, is an undercover police car notice:D

Ben
31-08-2009, 09:47 AM
saw a dark grey BMW diesel 5 series i think in stratford yesterday.

Many thanks to the chap in the chrysler crossfire for alerting me to this by drawing his attention.

slimbaldy
31-08-2009, 01:23 PM
M62 between A1(m) and M1 grey BMW 5 series estate, not many ariels but has got the blue flashers behind the grill with two uniformed coppers and was going hell for leather without lights or siren! Must have been late for their tea break!

pon
23-01-2010, 11:41 AM
Chatham town centre. Black BMW X5 pulling over a Corsa last night.

Avantgerbrochen
26-01-2010, 02:36 AM
M3:
Dark green old shape Scooby
Dark blue Volvo T5 estate
Black & silver old shape octavia + silver new shape octavia

M4:
Blue vectra

Get this, I was crusing up the M6 and got pushed aside by an under cover RS6! ! ! ! Luckily he had more pressing issues to deal with though. And on the way back (still M6) noticed a red astra vxr with a coppa behind the wheel. Not sure if he was just on his way home or what but still disconcerting to say the lest.

Just as a general rule I think we should all make a point of absolutely ragging it past the “highway patrol” as they are just jumped up pricks who have absolutely no power what so ever…

But they do have a radio to contact the real police who might just send an unmarked car to look for you.

fourringsrus
30-01-2010, 11:45 PM
M20 Kent, very dirty, black 59 plate ,Seat hatchback,all the blues in front grill,not sure if it was a cupra type r but that kind of beast

Stuart

Guest 2
31-01-2010, 08:18 PM
Saw a black Insignia with lights in grill, camera below rear-view mirror etc. They were sat behind me and the car looked very stealthy imo.

Chris

SammoVWT
03-02-2010, 01:53 PM
Saw a black R32 going towards the M4 area coming from chessington, and christ that thing moves! The lights actually suited it - looked like a pimpmobile.

Marco 35
03-02-2010, 07:35 PM
Black Skoda Octavia vrs on the roads of Middlesbrough, especially the A66.

SammoVWT
04-02-2010, 09:55 AM
Saw an 09 silver passat estate last night too, same place past twickenham/isleworth going towards west london m4 area again, that wasnt so fast but had the pretty lights all the same

Meady
05-02-2010, 02:48 PM
I tend to slow down whever i see a black Vectra, not that i ever break the speed limit mr policeman, sir...what, what are those handcuffs for...oh.

Tony2
07-02-2010, 07:44 PM
Nottingham -

White estate 3 series
Grey estate Honda accord (the rifle)
Silver skoda oct estate
Any blue or silver Pug 307 With the reg #### jf#
Red zetec fiesta
Dark Blue A6 Sline

Birmingham

Burgendy 3 series
Grey 5 series
volvo v70 Dark blue

Mansfield

White skoda fabia

Anthony

Krazy
09-02-2010, 02:17 PM
Derby/Burton's got a Silver people carrier, think it's a mazda of some sort, and we've also got a mazda 3.

There's a smart car knocking about as well with yellow/blue checks down the side running a hayabusa engine apparantly. Seen it a few times. :)

Bratty
09-02-2010, 02:50 PM
Hi Krazy, why would you believe that the smart had a hayabusa motor in it!? Just think of the hurdles that would have to be overcome, cack car to start with all that development costs etc.etc. next time you drive past it give it the Bird and see what happens! I am quite sure Brabus has maxed the development of the SMART.;)

Dunk

Tony2
09-02-2010, 09:07 PM
There is defo not a big engine i know some people that know some people that moved the smart car out through town one day (boot full of crack) in a fiesta so i can be pretty sure if the want a fast car thelly stick to the 380bhp evo theve got in derby....

Good shout for the heads up on the smart i forgot that one

Anthony

Krazy
10-02-2010, 02:46 PM
My neighbours a copper.. that's how I know :)

Tony2
10-02-2010, 08:30 PM
My neighbours a copper.. that's how I know :)

Yeah of course.....

veedub76
10-02-2010, 09:02 PM
A12 in Essex near colchester, a BMW X5 , Black, very plain looking apart from the flashing lights in the back window and front grille.

ruggedscot
04-03-2010, 12:04 AM
Silver BMW 5 estate on the city of Edinburgh bypass - concealed lights - only know as it was pulled up on the shoulder with lights flashing. The cars move about up here a fair bit - volvo estates a couple of mercs and some BMW's. its hard to keep an eye out and they know it but prefer plod to those scamera vans as these give you no chance.

Was stopped on the A74 a few years ago before they finished the M74 - caught doing 90 clear road and was in back of car being shown video. We were just other side of a curve and a merc and porsche came round doing silly speed. Two coppers looked at each other and then told me to keep it down and return to my car. I got my licence back and I got out the car - it was away before I was back in my car and it was doing some serious tramping. About 5 miles or so on the two cars were in a nother layby and the police were doing their thing. Phew.

Saw a police unmarked escorting five cyclists along the M8 a while back as well - guess they were going a little too slow :D

ruggedscot
05-03-2010, 11:17 PM
sommat special under the bonnet lad........

Oh yeah, these were the days - real road testing and piling the miles on quickly and at all sorts of speeds and conditions - just the thing to get a car tested or a particular drive train given a serious trial for cooling and longivety.

Worked at Ford and knew that around the time that the carlton lotus was released ford had a v8 twin turbo sleeper loaded out to the finest in essex.

But that was way back. modified arches twin pipes and most delicious howl.

Today plod rarely uses performance fords and I wonder if thats because they are not very good or they are getting better deals from BMW Volvo or Mercedes. Used to add some halo to Ford to see the top of the range fords kicking about in full police spec and also see the odd unmarked cossie.

Did a course up in Chelmsford for driving awareness and the highlight was a trip in an unmarked police car around essex at fast road speeds with a full on running commentary from the driver. He never missed a thing and was focused the whole journey. In excess of 140 at one point on the A.12

onzarob
06-03-2010, 09:30 AM
Today plod rarely uses performance fords

They have a Ghost Mondeo ST and Focus ST's down this way...But they seem to favour the 5 series estate at the moment;)

Bratty
27-03-2010, 09:18 PM
Derby/Burton's got a Silver people carrier, think it's a mazda of some sort, and we've also got a mazda 3.

There's a smart car knocking about as well with yellow/blue checks down the side running a hayabusa engine apparantly. Seen it a few times. :)

I have surprised myself with even my own complaicency!!:o

Have just read an advert in a German Auto Sales Mag,

FOR SALE:- Smart, 190PS Yamaha R1 Motor developed from the firm boom-trikes, Bilstein Adjustable Suspension, 17 inch wheels, top speed 250 KMH, EUR 14,900.

IT EXISTS:o:o:o. I apologise for doubting:Blush:

Dunk

davidson9
28-09-2010, 11:28 PM
Unmarked Vulva S60 blue in colour flating around Reading

Lis
04-10-2010, 01:00 PM
In Kent recently i have seen:

Black Ford Mondeo (new shape)
Dark Blue Renault Scenic
Silver BMW X5

And numerous Volvo models.

Sam
04-10-2010, 01:23 PM
Kent Police also have a black unmarked Leon FR - don't ask me how I know.

Eshrules
04-10-2010, 02:02 PM
how do you know?

Issac Hunt
04-10-2010, 02:04 PM
Surely posting a reg number is more useful than describing a random car? Every force must have Volvo's, BMW's etc on the undercover fleet

Why the 'no reg plate' policy? A few other forums I use have a directory of cars+plates listed by region/location.

JimC64
04-10-2010, 06:41 PM
Probably shouldn't say this, but as discussed, "unmarked" police cars these days are sooo" unmarked" as to stand out from the crowd in a big way.
I've driven over a million miles in just over 20 years as a sales rep averaging 50k a year, although I did travel 76k in one year - just as well i love to drive.
I would now consider it almost a personal insult to get pulled by an umarked car tbh.

God, I hope they never wake up an smell the coffee and add GB stickers / dads taxi / cuddly toys - nodding dogs etc on the back window of an older looking / dirty car......They'd have a field day:zx11:

A4 Lad
04-10-2010, 06:44 PM
how do you know?

Lol, he said dont :-)

Embisix
08-10-2010, 09:41 AM
Sussex Police are using a silver 59 plate B8 A4 saloon. Don't know the exact model as it's de-badged.

Last seen hooning along the A27 at Shoreham last night.

Crasher
08-10-2010, 10:44 AM
Post the reg and I will tell you what it is.

Embisix
08-10-2010, 11:02 AM

It was going too fast to catch the full reg, well over the ton.

If I see it again, I'll take a note. Would be interested to know what it is, seemed pretty quick, but doubt it's an S4.

bora23
09-10-2010, 09:20 PM
Removed.

Crasher
09-10-2010, 10:57 PM
No wonder I never see any marked cars around Nottingham, you are all driving unmarked cars! Doesn’t stop people driving like utter ***** though, only lots of marked cars have that effect.

e6m6a6
13-10-2010, 11:34 AM
up where i live (in the sticks) you used to be pretty safe with undercover cops, they were all new silver vectra's and with living in such a small town you could memorise the plates quite quikly but now their gettin crafty

we have BMW 5 series touriers, Audi A4 avants, Skoda Octavia's, Mitsubishi outlanders, Range Rovers, Proton's (:confused: what are they going to catch in that?) the list goes on....

but for anyone who does live in north yorkshire area, Whitby, Scarborough, Pickering, Malton etc and use the A64 a regular basis there is a hill, Garrowby Hill, ALWAYS go steady down there, in past couple of months in been on that 4 times and iv seen a copper there 3/4 times!

ruggedscot
14-10-2010, 05:19 PM
Three months ago pulled of the M6 at Preston for some fuel and there was an unmarked police volvo estate filling up beside me - got talking to the chap and he said that they didnt hack it - slow and not up to twisties. He much prefered the avant A6 that they have....

guesthouse
03-11-2010, 01:50 AM
[QUOTE=ScouseNinja;403558]A few years back now but , Two chuffin big hard lookin fellas in a plain ford fiesta pop tryed to pull me over at 18 years old in my we 1.4 corsa , any how seeing as these two great big mofo's looked rather angry and large lol i decided there was no bloody way i was stopping and stood on the gas leaving the little ford for dust. About two miles down the road there was a marked T5 parked by the side of the road with all its lights going , I quickly pulled up behind them to say "oi two nutters are chasing me and trying to kill me" only for them to jump out of their car withing a second of me stopping , I then found myself lying facedown on the road with my hands cuffed. The fiesta then turns up and turns out to be two coppers in disguise who wanted a word because I jad apparently been seen speeding , only for me to speed off at warp 3. The traffic sergant wanted me taken in but mr CID pulled rank and gave me a producer :)

Of no use to this thread except for interest: My mate was once leaving a closing down (for good) nightclub with some of their bar ware when two blokes in a boggo Astra or similar pulled up and exchanged words with him. Dressed in leathers and with long hair he legged, it gearing for his safety, only to be clobbered by aforementioned two blokes and their friends....."why did you run?", "thought I was getting a kicking.", "take that beer pump back and be on your way."

DSG4ME
03-11-2010, 03:59 AM
M27 Hampshire Slothampton to West Sussex

Silver Octy VRS

Audi A6 ****off edition, not sure of the colour but I think it's either silver or blue, this is an armed response car btw, so be polite if it tugs you.

Seat hatch, looks like an Alfa, silver again.

jipsi
04-11-2010, 02:56 PM
M69 - there's a 5 series BMW in dark silver - about a 06 plate if I remember rightly, but it's that shape anyway. I've only seen it a couple of times, but mostly the police are between the A5 junction and the M6 (sorry can't remember which is which number, althought I travel it every day...!)

Embisix
14-11-2010, 11:28 PM

The silver A4 saloon Sussex are using is wearing the plate NG59 LRV, saw it again today attending a rather nasty RTA on the A24 near West Grinstead.

Be careful people, it's very hard to spot, it blends in with Sussex traffic very well (lots of Audis down here!).

Jason.S
14-11-2010, 11:48 PM
M27/A31.....dark grey/silver new focus ST

Crasher
15-11-2010, 07:11 PM
NG59 LRV is a 2010 B8 A4 TDI QUATTRO DPF SE automatic with a 3 litre V6 TDI and 240PS.

A4 Lad
15-11-2010, 11:07 PM
NG59 LRV is a 2010 B8 A4 TDI QUATTRO DPF SE automatic with a 3 litre V6 TDI and 240PS.

Any names or addresses of the registered owner :-)

Embisix
15-11-2010, 11:25 PM

Thanks Crasher

I guess I won't be able to out run it then! :biglaugh:

scottyb9r
13-08-2011, 10:28 AM
luton,bedfordshire area 59 plate silver vauxhall insignia vxr!spotted lights in back window

andy e
14-08-2011, 05:30 PM
humberside police, white volvo estate, 08 plate

Brycie
14-08-2011, 11:57 PM
On the M6 between j31 Preston & j32 Blackpool I spotted a silver BMW 5 Series. Saw him pulling 2 cars in 2 days (he must be on a commission scheme). It was an 11 plate, possibly PJ11 ...

Eshrules
15-08-2011, 08:47 AM
On the M6 between j31 Preston & j32 Blackpool I spotted a silver BMW 5 Series. Saw him pulling 2 cars in 2 days (he must be on a commission scheme). It was an 11 plate, possibly PJ11 ...

or doing his job?

SammoVWT
16-08-2011, 11:26 AM
Yep, happened a few times to me, they aggressively drive up to your bumper to push you faster, and then try to book you for trying to get out of the way, OR if you kindly wave for them to back off for driving like idiots - obviously you dont realise its an undercover car at the time.

Some of the tactics are underhanded, and im sure they could spend their time pulling people who drive dangerously/undercut and who are actually speeding.

Then again, my car is a cop magnet anyway.

Brycie
16-08-2011, 07:06 PM
"or doing his job?"

Yes Esh, he was doing his job without doubt. However I was having a little playful dig at unmarked cars as many, many others have done in this thread, my humour is obviously too dry to be apparent on this forum. 4 times I passed that section of Motorway over those 2 days & to see him booking someone twice struck me as a hell of a coincidence, that's all.

I wish he'd been around at the slip road at j32 today. He'd have seen a foreign food tanker stationary, blocking the whole slip road joining the M6 to the M55 trying to get back off the slip road & onto the M6 again. I hope he was on motorway CCTV.

EADON
19-08-2011, 10:27 AM
If your driving on or inside the m25 then be aware of any suspicous looking Ford Mondeos and Focuss, in both hatch/saloon and estate models. If they pass the check of 2 passengers, extra ariel and no stickers, 9/10 its police. These are loved by the Met.

In the Romford/Hornchurch area they have a small selection of other cars you dont see as often.. X5,Focus St, WRX Sti, and also a black illegally tinted Golf GTi that pulls up next to you and revs the engine egging you on, when you race off the blues and twos come on.. b@stards!!

Bratty
19-08-2011, 11:23 AM
Sorry Esh but the FORUM stance on this surely must be in the form of:-

"Any Law-abiding Upstanding Member of society would treat ALL!!! cars as potentialy being undercover Police Cars!!?!! and drive accordingly!
(Even if you see someone you know in a car (like your Gran!), it could be a rozzer undercover!!)"

Dunk

haytch75
24-08-2011, 09:26 PM
Warrington - Around M6 / M62 croft interchange area. Silver/Grey Scooby.....seen it twice. Never got the plate as I was too busy watching my speedo and checking their interest levels although I drive a 10yr old estate with a towbar and like a vicar! With Police budgets ever decreasing they'll soon be simply recording speeders from KIA's or Fiesta's! Note how they 'dealt' with rioters recently......i.e. couldn't do much to prevent them but did plenty of recording and filled the courts up after the event. I'll keep driving like a vicar! God bless ;)

Brycie
31-08-2011, 06:24 PM
Just seen today on M6 Northbound near Charnock Richard Services (Chorley), Silver Volvo V70 I think it was. PN09 C__.

Brycie
02-09-2011, 02:08 AM
Also just remembered my Dad telling me of a strange sight quite a few years ago, a white Ford Transit pulling someone over. That's right, the police using transits as undercover cars. At that time he'd have probably seen it on the M25. How annoyed would you be if you were traffic police & your mates wre being given Scoobys, S4's and 5 Series' and you got allocated the Ford Transit? lol.

e6m6a6
04-09-2011, 06:37 PM
Found a very interesting under cover vehicle today on the way to work, copper sat in suzuki carry....it was a council vehicle, now who on each is gona catch in that other then cyclist/ mobilty scooters?
( found in North yorkshire)

vince70
04-09-2011, 07:49 PM
In Hastings they have a Black Audi A3 S line, and also I have seen them pulling people up in a BMW 3 series estate sorry I should say tourer lol

Brycie
14-09-2011, 03:17 AM
Spotted 2 policemen in a silver Ford Focus off the M65 at J12 (Nelson/Brierfield).

Also saw something the other day that's had me wondering..... It was about 8:30-9pm, so pretty dark & on a road that is lit, but not all that well. There was a speed trap van at the side of the road with the traffic cones around it as normal. I've never seen these vans out & operating in the slightest bit of darkness or bad weather before, I've only ever seen them on clear bright days. My first thought was that it was just parked up, but surely these things would be securely locked up at night. Could it be that they've upgraded the cameras to work in the evenings too?

coolraj003
01-10-2011, 08:19 PM
Thought I ll add to the list as well. Around Leeds/Bradford area.

Saw the following cars so far:
A650 Leeds-Bradford - be warned as they always use unmarked BMW 5Series during the early morning hours. Cant get you anything on the reg plates as its mostly dark. Also seen a new shape Merc C class in Silver around these areas. 2 BMW X5s in black in Bradistan. Seen a couple of Scoda Octavia vRS as well, not sure about the colours.

Came across a 06 plate X5 on Leeds-Wakefield A650 around the M1 J41 and Newish looking unmarked Range Rover Vogue and Sport models.

On M621 to Leeds, had an 59 plate grey Audi a5 3door drive right up my tail and then lit up like a friggin christmas tree. Was more peeved off than surprised that on one hand they are looking at cutting costs but then they are wasting on top end cars when they could have easily invested in 2 Mondeos probly for the same amount.

Well there you are, you have been warned. Feel so previleged going to work everyday seeing more police cars on the road than civilian motors. Perks of working in Bradford I guess.

Brycie
08-10-2011, 04:00 AM
Dark grey (charcoaley kind of colour) BMW 3 series on M6 at around Preston/Blackpool. Unfortunately looking like he was chasing down a Golf (hope it's not a forum member). I was on other side of motorway, so couldn't get more detail than make, model & colour. Beware this section of motorway, forum users, there's a Motorway Police HQ just off Junction 31 of the M6, so there'll be a lot of activity around the area.

Brycie
05-11-2011, 03:30 AM
Like one of the Mods said earlier in this thread, don't ask me how I know (lol), but watch out for a medium grey Volvo estate on the M6 around Kendal area.

Fair play to him, I was going way too fast and he was an utterly decent bloke about it and was more than fair to me (fairer than he needed to be, but thank God). Whoever was on here 'police bashing' a while ago should have been in my shoes the that day - it may have given them something to think about. Police Officers are doing their job like everyone else & if you're reasonable with them, they'll be reasonable with you.

Fortunately it happened two days after I renewed my insurance, so I've got a year before that little indiscretion bites me on the a$$.

Guest 2
05-11-2011, 08:13 AM
In the north Antrim area the police are now driving an unmarked Insignia Vxr in light blue (Belfast reg).

For a while they had a unmarked Hyundai people carrier for some odd reason but this seems to have been took off.

joey1002
08-11-2011, 02:53 PM
Like one of the Mods said earlier in this thread, don't ask me how I know (lol), but watch out for a medium grey Volvo estate on the M6 around Kendal area.

Fair play to him, I was going way too fast and he was an utterly decent bloke about it and was more than fair to me (fairer than he needed to be, but thank God). Whoever was on here 'police bashing' a while ago should have been in my shoes the that day - it may have given them something to think about. Police Officers are doing their job like everyone else & if you're reasonable with them, they'll be reasonable with you.

Fortunately it happened two days after I renewed my insurance, so I've got a year before that little indiscretion bites me on the a$$.

I believe I am right in saying the duty of disclosure for motor insurance extends to the whole period of the policy (rather than just at inception / renewal as with most other insurances) therefore you will need to notify your insurer now. Check your policy wording but I will be surprised if that is not the case.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

fourringsrus
08-11-2011, 07:46 PM
Just as a slight deviation on the theme, any of you boys who drive HGV/LGV be aware that the rozzers in the Maidstone, Kent area are currently driving around in a blue Renault Premium solo tractor unit.
It is blue with large print yellow signwriting saying MVtrucks demonstrator.
They pull along side you in the middle lane as you drive along ,and video/camcorder you to check that you are not using a phone/smoking in the works vehicle/watching a dvd or driving without wearing your seatbelt.
I had this last week and thought they were just sad gets truck spotting and as my truck is brand new and quite smart in its' livery I hoped they had achieved their jollies but last night they slipped up and showed themselves, inadvertently on the local news.
Fair enough they did get a few foriegners playing computor games at the wheel and all kinds of stupid and dangerous things but just be aware they are being quite cunning using an hgv to be able to see what you are up to.

BLUE RENAULT PREMIUM SOLO TRACTOR UNIT, YELLOW WRITING MVTRUCKS DEMONSTRATOR

davidson9
29-11-2011, 07:04 PM
Travelling thru place called Eltham, South East London came across an unmarked dark coloured Audi A4 on a 59 plate. Had pulled a biker over. Keep em peeled Kevin

Sam
06-03-2012, 01:41 PM
2010/11 Jaguar XF in a deep blue/black colour on the M20 - completely unmarked.

Dark blue BMW X6 on the M27 unknown reg - unmarked except for a very flat lightbar on the roof

ruggedscot
10-03-2012, 10:54 PM
Silver A6 saloon 12 plate on the city bypass today - unmarked and hidden lights.

Hollywood1984
16-04-2012, 08:41 PM
Two unusual ones I've seen:
M6 (just where the M5 north bound joins) a 7 Series BMW! I thought a 5 series would have been good enough!

Don't know if this has already been said, but the 7 series would have been Royalty/Diplomatic Protection car, highly unlikely they would tug any normal motorists.

Brycie
29-05-2012, 01:15 AM
Royal blue BMW 3 Series Estate on the M62 at Warrington (Burtonwood Services area).

TDiTom
29-05-2012, 08:37 AM
Red Volvo didnt catch the full model or reg but it was RED!!! A1 between worksop and newark.

sbt
05-06-2012, 03:08 PM
just this morning 5/6/2012 on the m62/602 between salford and eccles a black s3 only indication was blue flashing lights in the rear screen and behind the front grill seen him stop a motorbike doing a silly speed as he shot past me like i was not moving

Brycie
18-06-2012, 09:06 PM
Mid-grey 3 series spotted northbound on M6 today between j31 &j31a pulling someone over and same car spotted pulling someone southbound around Morecambe area an hour later. PN08 ---

haytch75
18-06-2012, 09:21 PM
Silver Mondeo. DK10 *** in Chester. Sealand Rd area specifically.

Guest 2
18-06-2012, 09:23 PM
Dark grey Skoda Octavia vRS (facelift) floating around Belfast city centre this morning .. Reg starting JFZ

Brycie
17-07-2012, 07:40 PM
2008 BMW 530d in light silver heading up into Preston from M6 junction 31. Had the extra aerial just in front of the shark fin aerial and reg started with a P.

Brycie
08-08-2012, 10:25 PM
12 plate white Range Rover Evoque at Junction 1 of the M55 going towards Blackpool today. Pulled 2 vehicles over along with some marked cars.

Guest 2
08-08-2012, 10:27 PM
We get nothing exciting compared to you lot!

Brycie
08-08-2012, 11:12 PM
Yep, want to drive a nice powerful car every day that you don't have to pay for, join the Police apparently (in England at least).

Guest 2
28-08-2012, 12:01 AM
Silver MK3 Mondeo ST220 Estate (facelift) in the Antrim area this morning - had someone pulled over with blues on.

Reg starting VCZ.

Brycie
30-08-2012, 02:51 PM
Some wierd yellow van with blacked out windows moving about the lay-by's between Kendal & Barrow today. Hmmm, wonder what it could be doing. The biker in front of me gave it a wave though which made me laugh.

Will this post be ok or get removed I wonder. Not sure if it's ok or not.

Hex69
30-08-2012, 03:30 PM
Some wierd yellow van with blacked out windows moving about the lay-by's between Kendal & Barrow today. Hmmm, wonder what it could be doing. The biker in front of me gave it a wave though which made me laugh.

Will this post be ok or get removed I wonder. Not sure if it's ok or not.

That will be the Cumbrian 'Safety' (S)Cameras.

Cumbria Safety Cameras (http://www.cumbriasafetycameras.org/index.php?schedule)

Please note that as from June 1 2007 Cumbria Safety Cameras will not be publishing schedules for safety camera operations. because we don't want you to know where we are and observe the speed limit, we'd rather scam you out of your hard earned.....:zx11:

Brycie
02-09-2012, 07:07 AM
Thanks for the link Hex, that will prove useful. Well obviously I had no idea it was a safety camera or I'd never have posted that, I've heard of people being done for making other motorists aware of mobile speed cameras, so I wouldn't have posted had I realised :D

turpal
02-09-2012, 04:44 PM
A silver volvo s60 57 plate in Colchester

Guest 2
30-11-2012, 06:22 PM
PSNI Belfast are now driving a 2012 Daytona Grey A6 S-Line Avant - got pulled this afternoon for a dirty rear number plate but I cleaned it and was let on my way

Reg started LFZ

Brycie
06-01-2013, 04:29 AM
Mid-grey (almost blueish dolphin grey) Volvo saloon between junction 14 & junction 15 of the M6 Northbound. It was a weird reg too. It started with G and the last three letters were NWR, a 61 plate iirc.

Doctle Odd
06-01-2013, 11:19 AM
Dark grey Subaru Forrester on the M1 between Dundalk and the border, I've seen it chasing and it's very fast

Brycie
28-03-2013, 10:58 PM
Dark bluey/grey Mercedes minibus/van with privacy glass on all rear windows today on M56/M53. And a silver BMW or Merc in the same place (forgot to note what it was & can't remember which of the two now) but reg started with DK11.

Brycie
31-03-2013, 11:54 AM
Unusually, a black Audi A6 C6 (I think it was facelift, but my rear windows were too grubby to see properly) on the A59 in Clitheroe.

Eshrules
17-04-2013, 08:09 PM
DK11B*R black BMW (5?) series.

I spotted it joining the m56 from Warrington thanks to his not so subtle rear mounted lights and sign board.

Pity the silver 3 series he stopped 2 miles later didn't :rolleyes:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Guest 2
17-04-2013, 08:24 PM
Got passed today by a Mk6 Golf GTI with blues and lights flashing going down the A26 between Antrim + Ballymena.

Reg started BXZ xxxx

Brycie
23-04-2013, 11:14 AM
Red motorbike, black leathers, white helmet. Had someone pulled over on A49"at Tarporley.

Guest 2
24-04-2013, 08:38 PM
Got pulled this evening for a random spot check by a black Vaux Insignia VXR (yes VXR, lucky sods) reg starting IFZ30xx

Antrim.

Brycie
13-05-2013, 10:42 AM
Barely marked white van on bridge over M60 just after it changes from the M66 to the M66 :-(

Guest 2
13-05-2013, 11:11 AM
Getting points are we? ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brycie
13-05-2013, 01:30 PM
That'll be 6 now. I think they got me.

JimC64
13-05-2013, 02:51 PM
Lets keep our fingers crossed Paul...obviously you'll be keeping a keen eye on the post over the next 2 weeks!

If I remember right you do more than a few miles?

I know I used to do around 50k - 60k miles a year, the most being a little over 71k in one year. I didn't mind the driving, loved it actaully, but the fact is if you're on the road 5 times more than the avergae road user, you're 5 times more likely to be caught speeding / accidents etc etc

I'll be thinking good thoughts for you Paul

All my best

Jim

Brycie
14-05-2013, 06:47 PM
Thanks for that Jim, I appreciate it mate. I was smack bang in the middle of a break in traffic, on my own, sticking out like a sore thumb. There didn't appear to be much else moving very quickly behind, so I think I'll have caught their attention. Will let you know when it drops through the letterbox lol.

chewski
15-05-2013, 11:16 AM
ely/cambs area. got two dark blue mondeo st220s. dark blue 09 focus. two silver passat estates and a really bait black skoda superb.. ave got all plates in my head lol... they finkin there sneaky when there cleeealy not!! x

Brycie
08-06-2013, 12:22 AM
A fairly light blue Skoda estate in Nottingham, it did have lights mounted on top, but they were very thin, so if they weren't flashing at the time, they'd just look like a roof rack.

ChA6dders
08-06-2013, 02:17 AM
I think that's perverting the course of justice. Brycie

Brycie
08-06-2013, 02:23 AM
Who, me Officer? Surely not ;).

Actually though, is it seriously illegal to say for instance, saw a dark grey BMW pulling someone over on the M6 at junction 31? That's a made up example just in case it is illegal :D

Guest 2
08-06-2013, 06:45 AM
Got passed today by a Mk6 Golf GTI with blues and lights flashing going down the A26 between Antrim + Ballymena.

Reg started BXZ xxxx

Saw this again this morning, same place - had someone pulled over, blues flashing while stationary.

ChA6dders
08-06-2013, 02:14 PM
Who, me Officer? Surely not ;).

Actually though, is it seriously illegal to say for instance, saw a dark grey BMW pulling someone over on the M6 at junction 31? That's a made up example just in case it is illegal :D
Oh definitely !! ;) NA mate I'm pulling your leg although what is illegal is flashing oncoming traffic of a speed camera or gun lurking around the next bend

Brycie
08-06-2013, 02:35 PM
D'Oh!! I'd be no good under a grilling from the Police, I'd be a nervous wreck & totally gullible.

Eshrules
08-06-2013, 06:07 PM
Oh definitely !! ;) NA mate I'm pulling your leg although what is illegal is flashing oncoming traffic of a speed camera or gun lurking around the next bend

Aye.

Can't have people doing the dibble out of their biggest earner now can we ;-)

Brycie
14-06-2013, 11:46 PM
Getting points are we? ;)

Lets keep our fingers crossed Paul...obviously you'll be keeping a keen eye on the post over the next 2 weeks!

If I remember right you do more than a few miles?

I know I used to do around 50k - 60k miles a year, the most being a little over 71k in one year. I didn't mind the driving, loved it actaully, but the fact is if you're on the road 5 times more than the avergae road user, you're 5 times more likely to be caught speeding / accidents etc etc

I'll be thinking good thoughts for you Paul

All my best

Jim

Thanks for that Jim, I appreciate it mate. I was smack bang in the middle of a break in traffic, on my own, sticking out like a sore thumb. There didn't appear to be much else moving very quickly behind, so I think I'll have caught their attention. Will let you know when it drops through the letterbox lol.

Well the letter dropped through the letterbox a week after being caught. I just have to hope it's been 3 years since my last speed awareness course - it's around about 3 years, but I've a horrible feeling it's going to be just a few months short :aargh4:. Will update again when they write back.

Brycie
25-06-2013, 01:12 PM
Having a good day today, been offered a speed awareness course instead of the points. £80, but worth it.

martin1810
27-06-2013, 10:30 AM
Having a good day today, been offered a speed awareness course instead of the points. £80, but worth it.
Great little earner for the local council.

£84 per head, 25 people per course. £2100 for 4 hours work and a venue. 3 venues per week is £6300 a week or £327,600 per year. That's just based on three courses per week.
The Council claim it's a safety course but no-one with points on their licence or well over speed limit is allowed to attend. So the biggest offenders don't get any extra training. It's better than points on your licence so you have to grin and put up with it.

Brycie
27-06-2013, 10:48 AM
When you break it down like that, it is a hell of an earner for them. And everyone in the room kind of has to be grateful for the opportunity to be there paying £80 to the council. I did learn something from tge last course I did however - to look out for/pay attention to speed limit signs.

bora23
01-07-2013, 08:41 AM
The council doesn't see a penny. The courses tend to be run by AA drive tech who keep 100% of the cash.

Councils never get involved with police matters if your fined it goes to the Police for that force area.

Brycie
01-07-2013, 09:10 AM
Some councils run the courses themselves. They send you a list of providers for each area with the invitation

martin1810
01-07-2013, 09:52 AM
Some councils run the courses themselves. They send you a list of providers for each area with the invitation

It looks like the smart councils run their own courses because it's a good earner. The AA must be laughing all the way to the bank when you consider that any one doing one or two mph over the speed limit will be sent on a course. I totally agree that people shouldn't speed but using a momentary lapse in concentration as a way of taxing the motorist seems very poor to me. I wonder if any of these 'service providers' help fund the speed camera's.

ruggedscot
23-07-2013, 07:44 PM
Dark blue or black S3 Audi doing the rounds in west lothian..... unmarked with the usual hidden lights.

Guest 2
22-09-2013, 09:00 AM
Jag XF Boucher Road, Belfast this morning.

Reg started BFZ, big giveaway was the bulletproof glass :rolleyes:

Brycie
22-09-2013, 09:04 AM
How do you tell bulletproof glass from normal glass? (No that's not the start of a joke)

And that camera van was out on the bridge over the M66 at Middleton again this week (the one that got me last time, largely plain white van sat on motorway bridge at junction after the M62 Junction), it was even out in torrential rain.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

Guest 2
22-09-2013, 10:53 AM
How do you tell bulletproof glass from normal glass? (No that's not the start of a joke)

BP glass has a greeny blue tinge off it and when looking directly at it, there is little or no reflection off it.

Compare the glass of the Vectra to the Police Transit also shown (not my pic). 90% of marked cars over here are also armoured so sit very low at the back even after having heavy weight springs fitted. Even their latest Insignia's are all BP Glass equipped, even the boggo Octavia's are armoured.

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5002/5231867625_3329c2b013_b.jpg

Dieseldoos
22-09-2013, 11:09 AM
90% Are Armoured! :eek: Just how ruff are you guys over there!

Guest 2
22-09-2013, 11:44 AM
With a higher rate of terrorism in the North I suppose the Police need to be ready for anything.

If there wasn't a bomb scare somewhere in NI in a day then there would be something wrong!

I seen one of these badboys travelling down the motorway the other day, pity I didn't have my Blackvue installed :(

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7016/6467410985_4d5578ca56_b.jpg

Some semi-marked C7 A6's ARV's

http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz90/57_audi/Everything%20Else/psniarv_zpse23fa73a.png~original

Guest 2
01-10-2013, 01:11 PM
Was in an unmarked sandwich this afternoon leaving Londonderry, a dark blue Octavia on front of me with 4 heavies in it reg starting BEZ and a silver Passat B6 Estate with another 3 heavies reg starting LNZ which made me very edgy indeed! :(

Took fear and didn't overtake the Octavia, sat inbetween them for a good 25 miles :/

Guest 2
01-10-2013, 05:24 PM
Was in an unmarked sandwich this afternoon leaving Londonderry, a dark blue Octavia on front of me with 4 heavies in it reg starting BEZ and a silver Passat B6 Estate with another 3 heavies reg starting LNZ which made me very edgy indeed! :(

Took fear and didn't overtake the Octavia, sat inbetween them for a good 25 miles :/

This camera has its uses! Passat overtakes me and joins in convoy with the Octavia shown further ahead in pic 2.

http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz90/57_audi/ForumContent/Misc%20Content/psniocty_zpsc59d3cdd.png~original

http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz90/57_audi/ForumContent/Misc%20Content/psnipassat_zps6a7b0808.png~original

Sam
04-10-2013, 09:37 AM
HF10 - Ford ?-max black/grey. Bottom of the M27.

It's either a copper or a first responder - not 100% sure ;)

Brycie
09-10-2013, 10:58 AM
Alan Turing Way, Outside the Etihad Arena (Man City FC). And another one about a mile from there, but on Ashton Old Road. Smile for the cameras. I think the guy who deploys these vans must be a Man Utd fan, he's got ths Etihad Arena surrounded.

Sam
09-10-2013, 11:08 AM
Alan Turing Way, Outside the Etihad Arena (Man City FC). And another one about a mile from there, but on Ashton Old Road. Smile for the cameras. I think the guy who deploys these vans must be a Man Utd fan, he's got ths Etihad Arena surrounded.

If they're Kent Police vans, then yes.

If he's actually from within a 20 mile radius of Manchester, it's highly unlikely :D

Brycie
09-10-2013, 01:26 PM
D'Oh!! Of course. Clean forgot about that.

Eshrules
15-10-2013, 01:59 PM
DK11B*R black BMW (5?) series.

I spotted it joining the m56 from Warrington thanks to his not so subtle rear mounted lights and sign board.

Pity the silver 3 series he stopped 2 miles later didn't :rolleyes:

Same car spotted 11/10/13, pulling a white Fiesta ST in the outside lane this time. Seems to be a similar time on a Friday afternoon when he's about.

g19aby
16-10-2013, 05:05 PM
Most of the old bill in the Hertfordshire area use OU as there first letter's on there number plates.

bora23
29-11-2013, 01:22 AM

If you live in Nottingham then yes as Notts police use them

Embisix
19-03-2014, 11:02 AM
M23/A23 Sussex. Audi A7 Sportback in (I think) that kind of olive green pearl effect. Can't be totally sure as it was dark, it was behind me and was pulling me over!

Pretty sure is was a 3.0TDI, but was definitely a Quattro. Definitely a dark metallic, so beware folks.

So the spending cuts are really having a significant impact on Sussex Constabulary, they can only afford £50k motors now! :-)

Crasher
19-03-2014, 12:12 PM
So the spending cuts are really having a significant impact on Sussex Constabulary, they can only afford £50k motors now! :-)

That's what they do with the money they fine us for doing 3.2345 mph than the draconian speed limits that are more applicable to the 19th century red flag act! Around here they have a spanking new top spec Discovery. Nice work if you can get it....

Crasher
19-03-2014, 12:15 PM
If you live in Nottingham then yes as Notts police use them

Since I pimped it with some APR badges, a Jetex and some 18's (plus it's getting too old now) people don't do that any more, I now get ***** in Audi A3's and A4's doing the full Audi on my back bumper. When did the ******* that used to buy BMW's start buying Audi's?

bora23
19-03-2014, 12:17 PM
When VAG approached ACPO and offered them a financial deal for their vehicles that they would be idiotic to refuse.

Guest 2
19-03-2014, 12:27 PM
Belfast have got more A6s although they're all black just like a few pages back.

http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz90/57_audi/Everything%20Else/psniarv_zpse23fa73a.png~original

Brycie
02-04-2014, 12:03 PM
White Land Rover on M62 around Leeds area.

SamF
02-04-2014, 12:48 PM
Silver Audi A6 3.0 quattro Birmingham A38/M6 South yesterday
Only identifying feature is the second black aerial in front of the silver shark fin on the roof

vespa
03-04-2014, 04:15 PM
Cheshire a mid grey Mondeo and a beat up green Vectra.

man le-mans
11-04-2014, 07:39 PM
Coming back from Birmingham last weekend on the A14 near Kettering and see a red merc 61 plate with all the blue lights hidden in the grill and stuff. He had pulled over another car

Guest 2
11-04-2014, 07:50 PM
C7 A6 Avant on the M2 towards Belfast. Semi-marked.

http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz90/57_audi/ForumContent/Misc%20Content/Untitled_zps8f783c63.png~original

man le-mans
11-04-2014, 08:49 PM
Seeing these a lot more now do you think it's the cheaper option of a semi marked car

Sam
14-07-2014, 11:35 AM
A2 Canterbury area, Grey BMW 5 series estate RX62 ???

Brycie
05-08-2014, 11:57 PM
M6 j12 (Wolverhampton area) , black Seat Leon, the older shape from late 2000's, not the recent shape.

Crasher
06-08-2014, 01:32 AM
Notts Police appear to have two new Octavia VRS estates, one silver and one black. Both have a small square body colour box at the back of the roof. I saw both today, the silver one was sneaking around and someone had lit the blue touch paper on the black one! I don't mind having some tooled up subtle area response cars around to deal with nefarious types but we need more bright white jam sandwiches about to visually police, so helping stop idiots driving like morons rather than just picking up the pieces after the 999 call or sending people tickets through the post for doing 33 in a 30. Proactive policing, not reactive...........

Brycie
06-08-2014, 08:55 AM
There was a bright blue Octavia VRS last time I was there too. They like their VRS's in Notts, don't they.

Crasher
06-08-2014, 11:06 AM
Yes we do....

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd20/Crasher1964/P1010054_zps56778ba3.jpg (http://s222.photobucket.com/user/Crasher1964/media/P1010054_zps56778ba3.jpg.html)

vespa
06-08-2014, 12:30 PM
Notts Police appear to have two new Octavia VRS estates, one silver and one black. Both have a small square body colour box at the back of the roof. I saw both today, the silver one was sneaking around and someone had lit the blue touch paper on the black one! I don't mind having some tooled up subtle area response cars around to deal with nefarious types but we need more bright white jam sandwiches about to visually police, so helping stop idiots driving like morons rather than just picking up the pieces after the 999 call or sending people tickets through the post for doing 33 in a 30. Proactive policing, not reactive...........
Yes, we could do with some up here in Lancs/Ches/Merseyside

zu11y
12-08-2014, 03:47 PM
west yorskshire - bmw x5 - ends in rfx