PDA

View Full Version : Driver's door handle - keyless entry woes

wizbongre
26-08-2014, 04:12 PM
Well, I don't think we've had one of these threads for a while so here goes...

The soft button on the top of my driver's door handle has stopped working. After being quoted £350 from my local Audi dealer for a new one after finding out my warranty company won't cover a replacement handle, I've managed to get hold of a 2nd hand one instead. Anyway, I know from a bit of research that it is going to be a 'mare of a job to swap the units over, however I wanted to be sure I don't need to code the handle to the car at all - it should just be plug & play?

Also, could someone confirm if the handles are the same for all 4 doors (I've been reliably informed they are but wanted to check!)

Thanks,
Gareth.

Micha_elD
06-01-2015, 01:45 AM
I think they are the same on all the doors, they will all stop working eventually!

A simpler approach is just to press the button on the rear door as you walk away. I did that for a while, until that one stopped working. Conveniently, and for no reason I could understand, the drivers door button started working again, but both the ones on the passenger side have stopped, despite never having been used.