PDA

View Full Version : Farewell

Herbie1213
22-08-2014, 03:17 PM
Gents I have decided not to subscribe to this forum. This is due to a comment in another section which personally offended me.

So gents enjoy your A7's as I do.

Regards

Herbie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M1tchy
22-08-2014, 03:39 PM
That's not good mate, what was said?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Herbie1213
22-08-2014, 04:00 PM
It what was implied more than what was said. I'm often in Swansea area west Wales area and if I see a Daytona grey Biturbo coming towards me I'll give you a flash.

Guest 2
22-08-2014, 04:38 PM
Feel free to PM me details and the Team can look into it.

Edit - replied to your comment.

Herbie1213
22-08-2014, 04:57 PM
Your comment mate!

silo24
22-08-2014, 07:12 PM
Just read the thread that you're referring too and tend to think you over-reacted Herbie. As far as I can tell the comment, despite appearing directly below yours wasn't a direct response (which Chris would have quoted you if it was).

As for the testiclular comments, well some I guess tend to like to throw petrol on small fires which started by your reaction......

Hope you reconsider your decision as, in general, this place is very friendly but YMMV as they say......

Herbie1213
22-08-2014, 07:21 PM
Last quote if you care to read my post just above Chris's regarding my allroad my audis have been on LL. The response from Chris implied that as I used LL servicing I was cutting costs and did not care about the vehicle far from the truth in my case. As for the other comment well penned diatribe comes to mind. And yes I do have a sense of humour. Thank for your considered response.

M1tchy
22-08-2014, 08:02 PM
It what was implied more than what was said. I'm often in Swansea area west Wales area and if I see a Daytona grey Biturbo coming towards me I'll give you a flash.

Shame to see you go mate. Take care and I wave at every A7 I see to wind the wife up so you will defo know it's me lol.

rush
22-08-2014, 08:53 PM
What kind of person started this thread

zollaf
22-08-2014, 09:00 PM
talk about over reacting. chris said he doesn't agree with longlife servicing, which most people who know anything about cars will agree with as it can lead to many problems early on in a cars life, and all hell breaks loose. just take it on the chin and accept that others have opinions as well, and the beauty of this forum is that you can say something and not get torn to bits about it. believe me, if you had said that on may other forums you would have been banned from them.

zollaf
22-08-2014, 09:01 PM
oh, and if you can find a better forum than this please coma back and share it with us.

neilos100
22-08-2014, 09:26 PM
It's sadly a problem in society these days...people taking offence far too easily. Ridiculous it is.....this is what the PC brigade has done for this country....turned us into pathetic whingeing cretins that can't take ANY criticism, real or in this case imagined.
Nuff said....

Sent from my HTC One using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Doctle Odd
22-08-2014, 09:37 PM
It's sadly a problem in society these days...people taking offence far too easily. Ridiculous it is.....this is what the PC brigade has done for this country....turned us into pathetic whingeing cretins that can't take ANY criticism, real or in this case imagined.
Nuff said....

Sent from my HTC One using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

You said cretin, I'm shocked and stunned. I'll have to take a white valium and lie down in a darkened room with a damp cloth on my head!

Chesterfield313
22-08-2014, 10:35 PM
Good point, well made Neilos.....slightly bullying though, but you crack on.

Trying to be balanced, it is a bit harsh to say that someone doesn't care about their car by using manufacturers recommended long life servicing.

However, rather than taking offence I would have pointed out that 4 services a year for 40,000 miles is bordering on obsessive and is ridiculously OTT. However, forums are mixed places, some people come on just because they like the look and sound of their cars. Others come on because they can't stop messing with them, mods, servicing to ensure it covers 800,000 miles without breaking and just generally touching it at every opportunity. Neither is wrong.

Guest 2
22-08-2014, 10:39 PM
^ exactly, we all have our own opinions and are entitled to them.

Sorry if I caused offence and it upset some people, it wasn't my intention.

Phutters
22-08-2014, 11:03 PM
As for the other comment well penned diatribe comes to mind.You think that was diatribe?

Really?

Have you read the definition of diatribe?

You might want to read the definition of precious while you're at it.

And I've no desire to have the last word in this. If you want it, knock yourself out.

I'm done.

Doctle Odd
22-08-2014, 11:48 PM
You think that was diatribe?

Really?

Have you read the definition of diatribe?

You might want to read the definition of precious while you're at it.

And I've no desire to have the last word in this. If you want it, knock yourself out.

I'm done.

As diatribes go it was rather underwhelming :1zhelp:

neilos100
23-08-2014, 10:12 AM
Good point, well made Neilos.....slightly bullying though, but you crack on.

Really? How so?

silo24
23-08-2014, 11:33 AM
As diatribes go it was rather underwhelming :1zhelp:

Yup.

silo24
23-08-2014, 11:34 AM
Last quote if you care to read my post just above Chris's regarding my allroad my audis have been on LL. The response from Chris implied that as I used LL servicing I was cutting costs and did not care about the vehicle far from the truth in my case. As for the other comment well penned diatribe comes to mind. And yes I do have a sense of humour. Thank for your considered response.

Suggest YOU re-read my post. In forums such as these a reply to the thread is just that. A reply to a post uses quotes.