PDA

View Full Version : Audi extended Warranty A4 Avant TDi auto

Redcar01
19-08-2014, 10:22 PM
Hi All

My Warranty runs out in Feb and im wondering whether to get the Audi extended warranty but it approx £1000 a year so its expensive now do i bite the bullet and buy it,
save the money and pay for repairs or buy a new Madza 6 which i like if they still did the hachback i wuld have bought one instead of my A4 Avant My2012 TDi auto

Question is whatdo you guy'g think ?

Cheers
Shaun

theskyfox
21-08-2014, 08:29 AM
I'd take a look at what is actually covered under the warranty. A lot of deemed "wear and tear" items aren't covered. Its also worth calculating the cost of certain items if they do happen to go wrong. For example...a new clutch and DMF on a 3.0TDi is £899 last time I looked. In this example, if the clutch were to go...you'd still be £101 better off by just paying for the repair. You could possibly find its cheaper to put the £1000 in an ISA or something and keep it there gaining you interest for that "rainy day".

Can't comment on the Mazda though I'm afraid...I've heard they are good cars, but they don't float my boat.

-Andrew

dts439
21-08-2014, 10:04 AM
From my own experience there are 2 basic types of cover, both with/without RAC assistance. The cheaper of the two types of cover is named components only with the alternative being a comprehensive policy similar to the original 3 year warranty terms with usual exclusions for wear and tear items.

You can reduce the amount by limiting mileage to up to 15k/year and also by paying an excess of £100/£250 for each claim.

You can add it at any time subject to the car being in the dealer network and up to date on servicing but I think you get a discounted quoted by buying it at the end of the 3 year point.

It was being run by Allianz for Audi. You can get details from http://www.audiextendedwarranty.co.uk/

I chose to not extend my A4 but did on our A1. Would have extended the A4 but the plan was to have changed the car soon afterwards (which never happened :o)

It comes down to the cost of your peace of mind.

rafletcher
21-08-2014, 06:58 PM
The new generation Mazda6 isn't (IMO) a patch on the first iteration. Crashy ride and lots of cabin noise. I test drove one recently (an estate, as, like you, I'd had a hatchback before but they don't make it any more) and didn't like it nearly as much. My new A4 avant is being collected Monday 1st September...