PDA

View Full Version : Please Help New soon to be (hopefully) A6 Allroad (4FH, C6) Owner - Introduction

robifis
18-08-2014, 08:17 AM
Hi all Audi and VW Owners.

My name is Robert and I wanted to formally introduce myself to this forum.
I have been using it for a few years now but never really registered properly and only dipping in and out.

My passions have always been Audis and I've had a few in the past like an A8 (2010 - old shape 3.0L TDI LWB - stolen)
along with my wifes current A1 1.4TFSI 185(stolen and found again).

I've also had a few questions with regards to my new purchase (hopefully) which will be a 2006 (56) Audi A6 Allroad 2.7TDI with 120k on the clock.
We are looking to get it as a cheap runaround after getting a dog and just as a general hard wearing, solid car to be able to throw anything into and just go.

So question number 1 is: Is there anything I should be aware of when buy this (relatively) high mileage car.
And question number 2 would be: What would you suggest would be the best option to do with the A1. It's a 61 plate A1 1.4TFSI 185 BHP with 21k miles on it.
Would a dealer be a good option or should I just sell it on the internet or even webuyanycar.

Apologies for the long post, I know it's a lot of information but any pointers or help would be appreciated.

ADMIN: Feel free to move the post if it's in the wrong section.

Cheers,
Robert

Guest 2
18-08-2014, 02:12 PM
Welcome to VWAF :)

jml3p
25-08-2014, 04:25 PM
I take it that the Allroad is a private sale? Does it have full history?
I am new to the Audi world, fallen on hard times, come down from a P911/996 to Audi TT - which i took in p/ex deal for my Porsche - my wife loved it. I got a valuation from we buy any car ... - which i then emailed traders with to see if they would match or beat the offer. Out of six - three did not even reply, two said no but one said yes.
Regards
jon