PDA

View Full Version : A6 Hybrid, new member first Audi....

Boxbrownie
17-08-2014, 01:06 PM
Hi, My very first Audi after many BMWs, a few MBs and too many others over the years. Must say I am very impressed with the A6.....it wasn't our first choice, that was going to be a Q3 but after a few test drives in the Q3 and then seeing this Hybrid sitting on the dealers forecourt we decided to have a go....wow....what a lovely refined and smooth vehicle, so much better than any sludge burner, even the Ultra we tried a few weeks before.
The Q3 interior actually felt quite down market after the A6....so that was it, a deal was done....the ML was traded in and a lovely Black (and I swore I'd never have another black car!) with nice grey leather interior, its a very comfy place to be and so relaxing to drive, almost silent as the 2TFSi in this car mated to the electric transmission/drive is a gem.

Don't worry though we didn't buy it for the economy (that would be silly), it was the drive experience that won us over, no contest.

Maybe when the Q3 gets facelift and the Plug-In hybrid powertrain it'll be time to try again :D

Anyhoo....nice to be here I hope.

EssexGonzo
17-08-2014, 04:06 PM
Very nice. You're at the leading edge of a trend away from diesels (IMHO [emoji6]) . Please do write about your experiences here on the forum.

And you sooooo made the right decision not to get a Q3. Pointless version of a (very good) A3 on stilts. IMHO again, of course. [emoji12]

Boxbrownie
17-08-2014, 08:17 PM
Haha thank you, well the OH says there is nothing about the A6 she doesn't like, which with cars is a miracle in itself! And I do agree mostly as it is a very lovely drive experience, reminds me a bit of my Jags in the 90's when they were still wafters.
The hybrid execution seems to be pretty faultless, at no point does it feel "out of the ordinary" to drive apart from the near silence on EV power and virtually as quiet when the engine kicks in, I say kick but it is seamless and only at the rarest occasion do you actually know its joined the party. For a very long time I have been a big diesel convert in fact our first was a Citroen BX TD which was one of the new era of diesels that started the general public accepting them as good enough for passenger cars and not reserved for smelly old buses and coaches (jeez! remember those dreadful school outings on old diesel coaches, make me wretch just thinking about it).

Yes I think petrol, especially what Audi is doing with them now is beginning to have a return, especially when coupled with a clever hybrid or EV drivetrain, perfect for city and town driving where not just air polution is a consideration but also noise.

As for the Q3, well we still like the concept as we have had many 4x4 vehicles and really like the high driving position and the ingress/egress is a much needed pre-requisite for us nowadays, in actualy fact I didn't think the A6 would be so easy but its a large vehicle and the door aperture is very good design size wise for access, its just getting up from down on the floor is a challenge, I need to slip sideways out now :D but we will see how I get on on the next few months.